1.    #1  
    The Battery Health of my Mugen 1400mAh Battery for Pre 3 dropped suddenly from 98% to 60%. I wrote to Mugen Batteries, describe my problem and try to get a replacement. They answered very soon, I will get a replacement, but there were following sentence in the answer:

We prefer don't charge the battery with touchstone, it's better to charge it with USB cable.

Until now i was convinced, that there is no difference between Touchstone and USB charging. What do you think about it?
    More expert people will likely correct me or add more infos

I think that the differences between charging using the cable and the touchstone are

1) on the touchstone, it should take a bit more time
    2) on the touchstone, the battery would get more hot

This said, I've the phone since december, and I'm using only a touchstone ( aside the first 2 weeks ). The battery is a stock one, and now is at 98% or 99% at full charge ( I mean, overall it lost 1 to 2% of runtime )
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I note better charging and a lot less heat with the cable and not the touchstone. The touchstone is better with the screen off (rather than in exhibition mode), but direct on the cable is best.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    I never once used a wire to charge my Mugen battery in my Pre and after 2 years it still had over 90% capacity.
    Battery health still says 1460mAh, 100% on mine. Bbeen charging on Touchstone exclusively except for the break-in period. Had mine since the battery was launched.
    Battery health is 96% 1402 MAH of 1460.... (so still technically better than what I paid for)

I carry my Pre3 every day, haven't used another phone or battery since I got my mugen battery (preordered, us US folks got ours about a week after other preorder folks). Charge on the TS ALL the time, on and off the TS all day at work, on and off TS when I get home and on the TS while I sleep.

I think for the initial break in period I did plug it in, but maybe not for all of them (went thru entire break in cycle over a 2 day weekend).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...