Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By p41m3r
  1. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
       #1  
    While searching for alternate batteries for Pre 3 I came across one Samsung battery that was good fit for the following models.

    Samsung Transform
    Samsung Replenish
    Samsung Sidekick 4G / t839
    Samsung SCH-R915 Indulge
    Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830


    The Battery models are Samsung EB504465VA, EB504465VU and EB504465VUBSTD.

    The link shows the battery looks eerily similar to Pre 3 except for the Contact points

    Office Depot Link

    Did anyone tried it ?
    Last edited by gbp; 05/17/2012 at 02:49 PM.
  2. #2  
    your only viable alternative for the pre3 is from Mugen
  3. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    your only viable alternative for the pre3 is from Mugen
    How about this
    Lithium Battery For HP Pre 3 - Cell Phone Batteries
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Not bad, providing it's fully compatible (Chinese made cells?).
    Did you manage to get it before the sale ended (if the sale has ended)? Has anyone else looked into this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HelmutsKohl likes this.
  5. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Not bad, providing it's fully compatible (Chinese made cells?).
    Did you manage to get it before the sale ended (if the sale has ended)? Has anyone else looked into this?
    I tried the other one. It looks good so far ( 1 day).

    1300mAh BATTERY FOR HP PRE 3 use 474350N battery core with 2pcs screen PROTECTOR | eBay
  6. #6  
    I just ordered this battery, I liked the significantly cheaper price compared to the mugen batteries. Has anyone else tried this battery out yet and know how well it works? Any issues?

    I'll post my results once I get my battery in.
  7. #7  
    @CanadianWarLord:
    Which one did you order?
  8. #8  
    For the approximate $15 savings, I would suggest going with Mugen, they have been around for a long time and make reliable products.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    @CanadianWarLord:
    Which one did you order?
    This is the battery I bought.

    Lithium Battery For HP Pre 3 - Cell Phone Batteries
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianWarLord View Post
    Thx! Pls keep us updated on its performance.

    BTW, its funny how the 'Sale Ends' date keeps changing. Psychology at work.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover
    For the approximate $15 savings, I would suggest going with Mugen, they have been around for a long time and make reliable products.
    Agreed. The $11 price on the one linked above makes me hesitant, but the difference is substantial. I only hope it was well designed and assembled by happy robots.
  11. #11  
    Well I have had that $11 battery in there for a few days now. So far so good, seems to be the same as the original battery as far as I can tell. I have been using it on my touchstone as well. No problems there either.

    I attached an image of what Dr. Battery says about its health.

    So far so good!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Thx! Pls keep us updated on its performance.

    BTW, its funny how the 'Sale Ends' date keeps changing. Psychology at work.

    Agreed. The $11 price on the one linked above makes me hesitant, but the difference is substantial. I only hope it was well designed and assembled by happy robots.
    Ya I noticed the changing date too. It has been changing for over a month by my count.

    If I had the money I totally would have bought from Mugen, So far sketchy cheap battery is working fine for me though.
  13. #13  
    Hi, Folk!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianWarLord View Post
    Well I have had that $11 battery in there for a few days now. So far so good, seems to be the same as the original battery as far as I can tell. I have been using it on my touchstone as well. No problems there either.

    I attached an image of what Dr. Battery says about its health.

    So far so good!
    Exactly the same to me!!

    I bought 3, and all batteries was OK!!


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  14. #14  
    what a lucky break (i hope) to have found this thread, gone to the site, and it said "ends in 22 mins". i bought 3, what the heck.. and a 1.39 holster for my pre2. used the freeship2 code, not the cell5 for a bigger discount. no acct. necessary and i pay pal'd.

    i already have a mugen standard size and it seems to work just fine. the OEM i keep full as a back up.

    fyi: i bought the Anker universal charger to try to charge it. it blew up one of my Pre- batts. and the pins don't fit in the Pre3 recessed connection point.

    i run the mugen daily.

    i use a plug directly into the side. on the regular pre touchstone, the back just gets too hot for my liking, to be sitting in idle state. it's cool with just a cord in the side. and that's if you get it on the stone right to keep it steadily charging.

    i'll report back once i get the batts i just ordered. pm me if i forget. i always wanna post real life results.
    tj
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Thx! Pls keep us updated on its performance.

    BTW, its funny how the 'Sale Ends' date keeps changing. Psychology at work.

    Agreed. The $11 price on the one linked above makes me hesitant, but the difference is substantial. I only hope it was well designed and assembled by happy robots.

    i happend to read this thread, click the link, and see the timer with like 20 mins left. *GASP* i gotta get a few of these! i got 3. hahaha i'm a sucker.

    but seriously though, if they'll hold a charge, i can juice 'em up and on a friday night i can toss 4 in the glovebox and pretty much not worry about power. overnight i recharge the mugen, which is working well
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs4thPre View Post
    but seriously though, if they'll hold a charge, i can juice 'em up and on a friday night i can toss 4 in the glovebox and pretty much not worry...
    4 charged and baking in your glovebox? In Atl? I'd worry if I were you.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    4 charged and baking in your glovebox? In Atl? I'd worry if I were you.

    i don't leave 'em in there! it's been 100s this week. can't leave anything in the car you dont want melted.

    but if i went away for a weekend camping, i wouldn't have to worry about keeping the car charger active all the time.

Posting Permissions