Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gaitch32
  1.    #1  
    I bought two of these a while back and you can't beat the price. The front is nylon but the rest is leather and the Touchpad fits perfectly. The flap is magnetic and not Velcro. You can't really get too much in the front pocket....the usb cord at best but it's well worth the 3 bucks.

Sorry, but the don't seem to ship outside of the US.

Verizon Deluxe Leather Tablet Sleeve With Front Pocket & Form-Fitting Construction: Compatible w/ Most Tablets!

Edit: I tried to correct the spelling in the title but can't get it to update. If it can be fixed it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/15/2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: fixed typo in title - added product image in OP
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Now the main question is, does it fit the TP with the folio on it as well?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    No it won't. I have a silicone case on mine and that fits snugly. It would be more for just the Touchpad itself.
    bevcraw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    No it won't. I have a silicone case on mine and that fits snugly. It would be more for just the Touchpad itself.
    I had purchased both the silicone case & the Poetic Protective TPU Skin case for my TouchPad.
    I tried both cases with this Verizon sleeve that I had previously purchased as well.
    Using either case with my TouchPad, they both "fit" snugly in the Verizon sleeve, but with the silcone case it's a bear to slide it in & out (especially out) since the silicone kinda grabs the interior lining of this sleeve.
    The Poetic Protective TPU Skin case slides in & out easier since it's made of a kinda soft plastic material.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    I have the folio case on the TP, and while the first month or so, sliding the TP out of this case was a LITTLE hard, each time it got easier, now, no problem.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I'm not really clear on this--if I have an HP case, why would I also want this sleeve?
    I ordered one from ben's outlet last week and it arrived today. I haven't opened it yet but I've already had a good laugh from the packaging. It appears that ben's outlet has no shame. Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337098594.918232.jpg

I'll post pics and my opinion web I have a chance to open it.

Edit: Wikipedia just told me that ben's outlet is a subsidiary of onesaleaday. Go figure.
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 05/15/2012 at 11:26 AM.
  8.    #8  
    Ben's Outlet is where OneSales's items go when they don't sell out in one day.
    FYI... you can pick up a TouchPad sleeve for $1.99 on HP's website.

HP TouchPad Slipcase | HP® Official Store

<thread title fixed>
    So I opened it up and the sleeve was damaged at one corner(somewhat crushed). I contacted Bens outlet to see what they can do, but if I have to pay for shipping back to them, I'll live with it. It seems to be a decent case. The bonded leather is a bit cheap but the overall craftsmanship seems decent. Definitely fits the bill for what I was looking for. Will post a few pics later if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 05/15/2012 at 02:21 PM.
    I've been using this sleeve now for 3 months and have nothing but good to say about it. It has held up magnificently and is hands down my favorite case/sleeve, prompting me to buy a second one a few weeks ago as a potential replacement if this one wears out while I own my TP (which I doubt it will) or as a case for a future tablet of similar form-factor. Ben's outlet has about depleted their stock so anyone who is in the market for a simple sleeve should jump on this before they're gone (and yes, Ben's outlet is reputable and has excellent customer service if you have an issue with what they send you).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I'm not really clear on this--if I have an HP case, why would I also want this sleeve?
    I bought this case back when Verizon was dumping them at $4.99 and I love it!

I also have the Touchpad in the HP folio case all the time, and that is fine for around home, but since the cover on the folio case just lays over the screen and it can shift, I wanted something more for carrying my Touchpad when away from home to better protect it (e.g., taking it in a backpack or bringing it along in the car, etc.). I was worried about the folio cover shifting and dirt or other things getting between the folio cover and the screen that might create scratches when just transporting the Touchpad.

As others have said, with the HP folio cover on the Touchpad, it is initially a tight fit to get it into this case, but after a couple of weeks it stretches out and now it goes in and out of this Verizon case easily. This case is very sturdy and protects the Touchpad very well. I have had it for over 6 months now and love it! I am not sure if it is making a difference in the area of Touchpad case cracks that some have mentioned here on the forums, but after almost a year now with my Touchpad always in the folio case and using this other case for the last six months, the actual plastic case of the Toucpad itself still looks brand new with no cracks.