Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    Hi there,

has anyone experiences with a bike holder for HP Veer? I'd like to use navigation when I am around with my bike.

Thanks,

LK
    I dunno the touchstone should actually be able to hold it well enough. You should try it down the street/around the block. With the right placement of the charging puck you should have no issue with wind gusts. Just something to think about since they are so cheap to pick up now.
  3.    #3  
    Funny idea

But this is too risky. I just had the Veer on my TS and shaked a litte bit, simulating bumpy ride.

It fell allmost instantly off.

But made buy a second TS (with cable and charger) for work, just 10 USD and no shipping. Wow.

Thanks for the inspiration.

LK
    Thanks! I was looking for this for my Pre 3, but how stupid that I didn't thought of using the Touchstone.
    I have to hit a pretty hard bump in my work truck for my phone to fall off my Touchstone, which is in near vertical position. I would think that a bicycle would be pretty safe, unless of course you are going off-road/path, then I might consider something that's a little more "lockable".
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    In a truck the worst that can happen is it lands on the floor, but on a bike... It's now sliding across the road as a moving target!
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I don't have any stake in this company but I thought the product was cool. I actually saw it on American Chopper when they made a bike for this company. The product is called Cell Buckle (thecellbuckle.com). It doesn't allow for charging but it looks like it holds your phone very securely.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    I don't have any stake in this company but I thought the product was cool. I actually saw it on American Chopper when they made a bike for this company. The product is called Cell Buckle (thecellbuckle.com). It doesn't allow for charging but it looks like it holds your phone very securely.

Hope that helps.
    Looks like that only works with an iPhone.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Could be. They only show the iPhone but that might just be them trying to be cool. I imagine it would work with any phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I have to hit a pretty hard bump in my work truck for my phone to fall off my Touchstone, which is in near vertical position. I would think that a bicycle would be pretty safe, unless of course you are going off-road/path, then I might consider something that's a little more "lockable".
    Wait til you get your Pre3 my friend... Pre3 is horrible on a non-modified TS. It works fine, but comes off very easily. All other webOS phones I could pick up the phone and if the TS wasn't stuck to the counter the TS would come with it. Pre3 doesn't get the TS an inch from the surface. Also very easy to knock it loose, much harder to type on keyboard w/o disrupting charging.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Wait til you get your Pre3 my friend... Pre3 is horrible on a non-modified TS. It works fine, but comes off very easily. All other webOS phones I could pick up the phone and if the TS wasn't stuck to the counter the TS would come with it. Pre3 doesn't get the TS an inch from the surface. Also very easy to knock it loose, much harder to type on keyboard w/o disrupting charging.
    That's true. When I had me pre 3, it would easily come off the touchstone with no effort at all.

I still think it wouldn't be an issue.. With the right placement underneath the wind shield It should stay no problem. How often are you really going to be touching it, while actually moving. So when you are moving, what are the chances of you actually knocking it off?

Glad the OP picked up a second one for work tho. Anyone who has a pre x or veer and doesn't have a touchstone are really missing out..
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 03/23/2012 at 12:39 PM.
    I would worry about overall vibration, I have set mine on the TS slightly off and looked back and it had slid off without me realizing.

BTW, by bike I assumed bicycle (since a few of us were talking about using a webOS phone as a bike computer just yesterday).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Anyone who has a pre x or veer and doesn't have a touchstone are really missing out..
    I've only been with a Touchstone since I got my Veer, for the last few months, and I totally agree. Spent the better part of 2 years with just charge cords, and wow. I know it's illegal everywhere to talk on your phone and drive,

(which I still think is ridiculous..it's ok to use a BT and drive...which is just as distracting as far as I'm concerned, especially since most phones have voice dial....I suppose holding an empty hand to your ear while driving will get you a ticket.....I'd like to see that set up )

but back in the OLD days when you could, not having to fight with your wires must have been pretty sweet. I had to look up that old thread on how people mounted theirs. I just tuck the wire in behind the ashtray and shut it, and then my phone stays near vertical all day.

I guess what kept me from getting one before was the $80 price tag attached. It's just one of those things that you don't know how good it is until you get it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I guess what kept me from getting one before was the $80 price tag attached. It's just one of those things that you don't know how good it is until you get it.
    We got the price drop quite a while ago in the US... that's when we started buying them for everywhere.
    BTW, by bike I assumed bicycle (since a few of us were talking about using a webOS phone as a bike computer just yesterday).
    Awh yeah well if its a bicycle that we're talking about, then yes the touchstone would be a no go. As far as a motorcycle goes though, that shouldn't be much if an issue.
    Then we got different experiences. Yes, my Pre 3 has that charging cycle on the TS and may not fit as well as previous pre's, but it doesn't come off so easily as you say. I didn't modify anything, so I dunno what's different with our TS'es. Maybe the magnets on my TS are a bjt stronger 'cause I have it just for 6 months now?
    Btw, I'm gonna try this on my bike with my Pre 3. I'm gonna drive slowly on-road so that if it falls, I can easily fetch it out of the air. Will report back.
    Reporting back: not gonna work. But that's a cosmetic issue. The problem is that I don't have a space on my bike where the TS firs without falling. So I need to make something to hold the TS first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Then we got different experiences. Yes, my Pre 3 has that charging cycle on the TS and may not fit as well as previous pre's, but it doesn't come off so easily as you say. I didn't modify anything, so I dunno what's different with our TS'es. Maybe the magnets on my TS are a bjt stronger 'cause I have it just for 6 months now?
    Nope, I own what a normal person would consider an excessive amount of TSs. It has been noted elsewhere Pre3 isn't as solid on TS