Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Is it worth putting one on? Do most people just feel a protective case is enough?
    I think it detracts from the wonders of gorilla glass. The case does a nice job. IMHO
    You plug your phone in?
    I bought a Skinomi skin which came with a screen protector, but never put it on. The back is horribly delicate but the screen is very rugged, I haven't a single scratch and I have owned mine since August.
    I've had my TouchPad in the HP Case since Day 1 (15 July 2011, 8 months) with no screen protector. I have a couple of small hair scratches, but nothing that I can notice unless I hold it in the perfect position to see those scratches. I take my TouchPad to work with me every day, so it has very high mileage on it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've had my TouchPad in the HP Case since Day 1 (15 July 2011, 8 months) with no screen protector. I have a couple of small hair scratches, but nothing that I can notice unless I hold it in the perfect position to see those scratches. I take my TouchPad to work with me every day, so it has very high mileage on it.
    This. The touchpad screen seems more scratch resistant than my iPhone. I had a protector on at one point, but it dropped the sensitivity way too much. I usually use screen protectors on all of my mobile devices, but the TP seems to be faring very well without it *knock on wood*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    This. The touchpad screen seems more scratch resistant than my iPhone. I had a protector on at one point, but it dropped the sensitivity way too much. I usually use screen protectors on all of my mobile devices, but the TP seems to be faring very well without it *knock on wood*.
    That's due to the iPhone's oleophobic coating, which is not as hard as the glass itself. I do not believe the TouchPad screen has any coatings on it, making it less susceptible to light scratching.