Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Always wanted to get a wet-apply protector, but I am not sure about the danger of the fluid leaking into the TP. Is the solution specially made to be safe for electronics with no repercussions? Anyone?
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Just be careful in which side you are pushing the liquid from the protector skin. Do not push it towards the home button, speakers, headphone jack and so on.
    it'll be mostly fine as long asyou don't soak it and soak up the excess water quickly
    i just applied such acreen protector on my pre yesterday.
  5.    #5  
    So I got a skinomi yesterday and applied it. I did not read beyond the included directions; I just went with my gut. I did not use that much of the included solution. I then looked online and read about how you need to use a ton of solution to get it right. I barely used like maybe 7-8 good sized sprays. The bottle still had quite a lot left though. I am wondering today; I know bubbles are supposed to go away but is that only with a lot of solution being used? I have quite a few bubbles around my screen and as much as I am hoping they will disappear, part of me just wants to pull the whole protector off and wash and repeat. Any suggestions?
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    wait several days before deciding.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I am using clarivue protectors on my TP and my laptop. Both are applied dry.
    They say you only get lasting bubbles when there is dust under the protector. All other bubbles will go away or you can push them out with a credit card.
    That worked for me. applied it on a dust free screen and perfect....
    Waste of time, go naked is my advice. I dont like all that pressure on the screen to get rid of bubbles because I fear my device might start touching itself. Just me.
  9.    #9  
    @Cantaffordit Yeah I've been watching the bubbles shrink and disappear it's kinda magical lol I think I am not gonna reinstall
    @chris42 I paid around $7.50 in total for this screen protector and there's no way I would ever pay $25 for a screen protector. I thought mine was expensive...plus I have bad luck with dry apply. Inevitably some piece of dirt or dust will fly under my protector while I am installing.
    @laingman...what? Never mind, I probably don't wanna know...

P.S. I used to be a gorilla glass believer too...then I took a hairline scratch to the TP...
    W00sh likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    @Cantaffordit Yeah I've been watching the bubbles shrink and disappear it's kinda magical lol I think I am not gonna reinstall
    @chris42 I paid around $7.50 in total for this screen protector and there's no way I would ever pay $25 for a screen protector. I thought mine was expensive...plus I have bad luck with dry apply. Inevitably some piece of dirt or dust will fly under my protector while I am installing.
    @laingman...what? Never mind, I probably don't wanna know...

P.S. I used to be a gorilla glass believer too...then I took a hairline scratch to the TP...
    All I am saying is that I used to get all crazy with screen protectors and cases. So I used the squeegy things to try to get rid of bubbles and my first two pre got the problem where it would register touches by itself calling people and launching apps.

Since I quit with that stuff I have never had the problem so I blamed it on that. Its my personal theory.

So now I go naked and I like it much better. I see no need for a screen protector unless its the original pre that scratched so easily
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Yepp, using it for protection is mostly not needed if you have a cover for transport. But I use it to get it non glare. Since cheap protectors tend to distort the picture, I am using the clarivue ones.

And yes I agree to the nude thing. At least do not wear a woolen sweater. :-)
    techlover10, you put all that worry in to whether a wet protector would mess up your electronics, and then you only half-assed read the instructions?! lol
    So are you sold on the wet-apply now? my skinomi came out really good as far as the screen protector. (the round edges, not so good-but that's my fault.) I haven't messed with the dry, but have seen some posts complaining about dust. I wonder why that's not a problem with wet?
    You plug your phone in?
  13.    #13  
    Not that I really half-assed it, I just didn't quite agree with the skinomi vid. I don't like the idea of fluid too much stll, so I didn't use much. I was very careful, just didn't feel like reading tons of forums for all the different but not really different ideas. So I went with my gut on how much fluid to put. I do have a case but somehow I still acquired a few hairline scratches and I like my screens to be pristine. Love my skinomi though, because that self healing thing really sold me...btw, my skinomi didn't actually have the two cutouts in the proper distance so I stretched it. That bad?
    These days devices seem almost impenetrable. I usually don't mind how much application solution is on a device, as long as it's kept away from ports and no buttons on the application surface are pressed. In my experience you need a lot, because you need to slide the protector around a bit to get it aligned properly. Without enough solution, you simply can't do that.

And make sure your hands are clean. Mine wasn't that clean, and now I've got some sort of bacteria growing underneath.
    Also, I put mine on in the bathroom with the hot water running. The moisture in the air really helps!

As for bubbles, 99% of mine disappeared over 2 days.

I opted for the skinomi. It truly is crystal clear and doesn't seem to affect my touch.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
  16.    #16  
    @rosystreasures I inadvertently made a few nicks in mine with my fingernail and they haven't fully disappeared over a couple of days, will they go away?
    I had a couple of scratches which I buffed out using the lint-free cloth. If that doesn't work, contact them to let them know and ask for a replacement.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
  18.    #18  
    Yeah...but I don't feel like paying $2.95 just for the shipping on the replacement...the scratches have disappeared but there's still a sort of tiny stretch looking thing if carefully observed under light. Like a transparent well of sorts.

Update...just looked again...still a tiny nick.
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    Yeah...but I don't feel like paying $2.95 just for the shipping on the replacement...the scratches have disappeared but there's still a sort of tiny stretch looking thing if carefully observed under light. Like a transparent well of sorts.

Update...just looked again...still a tiny nick.
    I didn't pay for shipping the replacement.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
  20.    #20  
    Almost two weeks now, and almost everything has disappeared except some bagel crumbs I trapped in there lol. However, now I still have tons of dots and streaks I can see in the sunlight. These don't seem to be going away. Opinions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast