webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > Original HP Touchpad Batteries now available on eBay, CHEAP - Finally!
Original HP Touchpad Batteries now available on eBay, CHEAP - Finally!
Like Tree6Likes

Old 02/28/2012, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

$40 bucks USD, much cheaper than the $140 one seller has been asking for them..

Li-polymer HSTNH-F29C-S 635574-001 649649-001 battery 6000 mah for hp touchpad | eBay

TTB
Old 02/28/2012, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've heard that it's near impossible to open the case without cracking the clips holding it together. Is there a working solution?
Old 02/28/2012, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Maybe someone can produce a replacement case so we can change the battery and also replace the case with the cracks by the speakers.
laoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by kataran, chaosdivine, Kneelbeforezod and 1 others like this.
Thanked By: PhantomMD
Old 02/28/2012, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shneor View Post
I've heard that it's near impossible to open the case without cracking the clips holding it together. Is there a working solution?
Not really. You can try to be very gentle, and very careful, but you're still likely to break at least one or two. It'd be great if you could just buy the clips themselves, but where on earth would you could get them - they're most likely custom made for the TP, right?
marcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2012, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laoh View Post
Maybe someone can produce a replacement case so we can change the battery and also replace the case with the cracks by the speakers.
Would like this as well.
PhantomMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2012, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Might want to hang out for a while before buying. This seller has zero feedback.
gaitch32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2012, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

I tend to agree. I have purchased a few batteries from Hong Kong sellers that seemed to be a good deal only to find the battery useless a few months later. That being said now that I am more carefull I have also found some sellers who sell quality discount batteries but have always had to use the Amazon Marketplace where the product itself is rated instead of the seller like on ebay.
yorxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2012, 05:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Have you guys been having that many battery issues that would require getting a replacement?
Dmitri86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2012, 06:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri86 View Post
Have you guys been having that many battery issues that would require getting a replacement?
I think it's more to do with the fact that the battery is the only "consumable" part and it's a good sign of the availability of replacement parts for when the battery does in fact die.
Touchpadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by woosh likes this.
Old 02/28/2012, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri86 View Post
The issues with the battery cropping up has not been a problem with the battery itself but the firmware on the touchpad keeping it from properly reading the battery.

Getting spare batteries is about being prepared. Touchpads are not being made anymore and rechargeable batteries eventually degrade and die.

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
addiarmadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2012, 09:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

"InfotechInc - Hight quality from manufactory".

I think I'll wait till I hear what others have to say.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/29/2012, 07:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

I've bought cell phone batteries from Hong Kong ($4-$6 range) and have had great success with them. I had one not work and got a refund for it.
tracks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/29/2012, 08:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

<thread moved>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/29/2012, 07:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchpadder View Post
I think it's more to do with the fact that the battery is the only "consumable" part and it's a good sign of the availability of replacement parts for when the battery does in fact die.
i would think the lcd backlight would wear out eventually too. does anyone know if it is bonded to the lcd panel, or can those be replaced as well?
c000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/29/2012, 07:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
Not really. You can try to be very gentle, and very careful, but you're still likely to break at least one or two. It'd be great if you could just buy the clips themselves, but where on earth would you could get them - they're most likely custom made for the TP, right?
I've got a few dozen of them, but don't want to sell them just yet. Need to keep them handy for TP's I repair.

Yes its true, there's no way to avoid breaking a clip or two, but if they snap out of the mainboard base without breaking in two they can be super glued back into the base before reassembly rather easily.
Old 02/29/2012, 09:55 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchpadder View Post
I can agree with that! I've seen a few touchpad dead threads lately and have been really babying mine. Turning it off at night instead of just putting it on the touchstone. The HP manual says to charge it often, but I try to save a charge on it. Don't know if that's right or not. Granted the 'battery dead' threads have been rare, and people that don't use theirs go to turn theirs on, panic, and run here and post first, look for threads later. But still, it's made me cautious. I don't think I'll get another $150 tablet again. It's like you don't see $150 laptops for sale. I know the Raspberry Pi was released today, but you know what I mean.
Old 02/29/2012, 10:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
I've got a few dozen of them, but don't want to sell them just yet. Need to keep them handy for TP's I repair.
How did you manage to get them, and so many? I'm more than a bit curious.
Old 03/01/2012, 09:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

this guys are on sale
6000mAh HSTNH-I29C HSTNH-F29C-S Li-polymer Battery for HP Touchpad FB356UT NEW | eBay $27.29 for 2 more days and has feedback. Tempting.
ryancell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: TopTongueBarry
Old 03/16/2012, 02:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

I found if I used a hair dryer to warm up the shell before using plastic safe-pry tools the case opened fairly easily.
( warming the case allows it to flex, bend more without breaking the tabs.) I have successfully used this trick on six touchpads without a problem. still you need to be patient and take your time. Hope this helps.
icarus_fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2012, 04:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus_fallen View Post
I found if I used a hair dryer to warm up the shell before using plastic safe-pry tools the case opened fairly easily.
( warming the case allows it to flex, bend more without breaking the tabs.) I have successfully used this trick on six touchpads without a problem. still you need to be patient and take your time. Hope this helps.
That sounds like a great tip! Thanks - will definitely try it next time I need to open one up.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0