Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jake_M
  1.    #1  
    When coupled with the Official HP case, this offers the BEST protection one could ever want for their TouchPad

Pros: Feels great. Fairly easy to apply (with experience). Lifetime replacements.
    Cons: Sides could be slightly more fitting (OCD). Doesn't come with the TouchPad.

I was skeptical at first.

I had purchased screen protectors and skins before. I have ruined many screens and protectors in my life. Ordering this, I was hesitant, and so I was careful when it came in.

I opened this product about an hour ago when the mail arrived. Since then, I have cleaned my TouchPad and applied the screen, the back, and all four sides, along with taking pictures.

I have got to say that this adds so much value to my TouchPad.

The back feels great. It looks great. This cannot be underestimated.

The front screen was the easiest protector I have ever applied. This could be due to experience, or it could be due to the absolute perfect blend of adhesive combined with a super cut. It could also be my eyes and judgement, or any combination of these things.

The back was slightly harder to apply, because it had to be aligned perfectly.. and there was no concrete guidelines / curves on the TouchPad itself. My judgement prevailed again, and the application was met with great success -- I had missed and favored one side only by a single millimeter, which is, in my opinion, a complete and absolute success.

The four side pieces were surprisingly the easiest to put on, which was a relief because by this point I was already fairly pleased with the results and just wanted the process to be over with. The side pieces could be slightly wider, which is my only gripe with the product, but this does not detract from their function -- they look great and when applied correctly the transition from back to sides is very hard to see, unless you were looking for it.

My screen has zero bubbles or dust underneath. My back has a sleight bubble which I expect to go away at some point in the future. The corners and edges are fairly tight, and I will be putting this in the official case so the adhesive can stick even better overnight.

My TouchPad feels so much more durable after putting this on. I just don't feel afraid to have it out any more. Granted, I haven't had it for too long, but you don't have to take my word for it -- go ahead and give this skin a try. You wont regret it.

LOOKS: *****
    FUNCTION: *****
    SNUG FIT: ****
    EASE OF INSTALLATION: ***
    =========================
    OVERALL: *****

SLIDESHOW
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

seems legit would buy again 10/10 good sell
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Nice review. I'll put one on my next TP. That application looks really nice around the speakers, and by what you said the other cut-outs went fine. This was a wet application?
    You plug your phone in?
  4.    #4  
    Nope, not a wet application at all. Everything was dry adhesive. I was extra careful when I cleaned the TouchPad .. used the microfiber that came w/ the TouchPad, along with a flashlight to make sure there was absolutely no dust on the screen at all. The back is less important for dust, bust still general rule of thumb is try to get as clean as possible.

Maybe tomorrow I'll take a couple more pictures and try to get some better close-ups on the corners.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Where did you buy yours?

What was the price at that time?
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rosystreasures View Post
    Where did you buy yours?

What was the price at that time?
    I bought it right here at the webOS Nation store. I got it on president's day, when everything was 15 or 30% off. I forget. I know that I paid ~$30USD shipped all together, and boy is it worth it!

Take it out of the case when it's hope, slip it in the case on the go .... never have to worry about it.

Only downside is it affects the touch sensitivity a bit .. but the touch sensitivity patch in preware fixes it all up.

got mine for $16 at amazon (oops this is a bodyguardz thread I got a skinomi)
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    ...and there is this! One could get it for $12 when I started the thread. If I do have any cracks I sure can't see them and hopefully never will!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-cracking.html
    Wow, how did u get it to fit correctly? Mine seems a bit small...am I supposed to stretch it....mine didn't come with instructions...

Also, how do u clean the inside of the screen protector from lint and hair?
    Last edited by rosystreasures; 03/27/2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
  10.    #10  
    Ah. You are supposed to be extremely careful when applying the front... it's the most precious thing to apply (screen protectors). I suggest watching many, many videos before applying the front. The front must be absolutely dust free BEFORE applying, and then you apply in one swift motion and DO NOT EVER remove / reapply.

If you ABSOLUTELY MUST remove dust --- here are my brief instructions:

Get scotch tape
    Make two pieces of scotch tape -- one short for bending back of screen, one long to catch the dust
    Put one piece on top of protector and bend back VERY VERY VERY slowly, only .5 MM to allow entry of your other piece of scotch tape
    When you gain clearance, push the dust-catching scotch tape FACE UP.. slide it in, underneath the screen protector, slowly bending the protector UP until your scotch tape reaches the dust particle
    as soon as your scotch tape reaches the dust particle, lay the screen protector down again so the particle is on the scotch tape
    pull the scotch tape out from underneath the screen, careful to ensure no more dust gets underneath the screen
    throw both pieces of tape away

repeat as necessary for each remaining dust particle

oh, and watch videos to apply the skin.