1.    #1  
    Hey all. I was able to get my hands on a Touchpad recently and wanted to get a case for it. I have a case for my Nook that has a strap on the inside cover, so when I flip the cover back behind it, I can slide my hand in there, kind of like a glove lol.

I was looking around Google for one of these for the TP, but have been unsuccessful. Anyone know what I'm talking about or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
    Not 100% sure what your reference case is like but the Targus Truss case for the TouchPad (THZ07202US) has a strap to close, might that work?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Not 100% sure what your reference case is like but the Targus Truss case for the TouchPad (THZ07202US) has a strap to close, might that work?
    Thanks for the reply, but that wasn't really it lol. I don't mean a strap to close the case (though that would be nice) but a strap or something integrated in the case to make it easier to hold, like a strap, like this: http://www.mymac.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Nemo-3-iPad-cases-2.jpg

Unfortunately I can only find these for the iPad. Any ideas for my Touchpad?
    You can kind of do that with the standard case, but I don't think you'll find anything exactly like what you've posted there.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    You can kind of do that with the standard case, but I don't think you'll find anything exactly like what you've posted there.
    Eh. I have the standard case and the cover kind of just flops around. Doesn't provide any way to handle it besides holding the TP by its side. I'd prefer I just slide my hand in to something like the pic above. :/
    I'd like to find one, too. If you've watched CNN or NBC when they were covering a primary election, then you've seen a political analyst standing in front of a map with an iPad strapped to his left hand. It is a pretty cool idea that would come in handy. (sorry for the terrible pun)
    I've been using this case Marware C.E.O. Premiere for the past month. It has the hand-grip thing and although it is for the iPad, it works reasonably well with the Touchpad.

The main issues have been:
    • I had to add some stick on foam (the kind that is a couple of millimeters thick) on the short-edge grips (the parts that hold the Touchpad) so it wouldn't slide around. This was needed because the Touchpad is slightly shorter than an iPad.
    • When using the USB port, the grips get in the way, so you need to pop-it out slightly to insert the plug.
    • There is also a small caveat with Touchstone charging, you might need to be more precise in positioning than normal because it is fairly thick. Other than that it will charge on the Touchstone when using webOS 3.0.5.

Another thing to consider is that the grips are designed specifically for the iPad. This means they probably won't hold the Touchpad as securely but that hasn't been an issue for me.
    Sent from my brain using my fingers
  8.    #8  
    Just wanted to bump this. Still haven't found a case like this. Anyone?
    I've wanted one of these for taking my TouchPad bird watching, it definitely has a handle, not sure if this is the kind of case you had in mind.
    Tablet & iPad Carrying Case with handle strap - Utility Series Latch | OtterBox.com
    I actually took to a DIY solution. I dremeled two grooves - the width of my hand - through the back of the case (you could probably make due with a box-cutter, too). I then took the Velcro strap from a children's velcro-catch-paddle toy ( like these: Amazon.com: Stick-Ums VelcroŽ Catch - Set - 2 paddles, 1 ball - Sports Games: Sports & Outdoors ) and threaded them through. It's worked like a charm. It's nothing fancy, but god it it easier than trying to keep a hold on the thing when reading on your back.

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I've wanted one of these for taking my TouchPad bird watching, it definitely has a handle, not sure if this is the kind of case you had in mind.
    Tablet & iPad Carrying Case with handle strap - Utility Series Latch | OtterBox.com
    That's ideal. I'd still like to have one that has a cover for the screen though. $50 is kinda steep for a case though considering I bought my TP for $50 I'll definitely keep it in mind if I get desperate. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LocalH210 View Post
    I actually took to a DIY solution. I dremeled two grooves - the width of my hand - through the back of the case (you could probably make due with a box-cutter, too). I then took the Velcro strap from a children's velcro-catch-paddle toy ( like these: Amazon.com: Stick-Ums VelcroŽ Catch - Set - 2 paddles, 1 ball - Sports Games: Sports & Outdoors ) and threaded them through. It's worked like a charm. It's nothing fancy, but god it it easier than trying to keep a hold on the thing when reading on your back.

This may be a logical solution for me. When you say that you cut out two grooves... I'm assuming you did this to a case? I'm envisioning the stock HP Folio case? This is what I have on it now and it's pretty warped in the volume/power corner, so I wouldn't mind chopping it up to ghetto-rig something lol.

Thanks for the idea. I may check out my local crafts store for some velcro.

Got any pics of your creation?
    I think I know what you are talking about but the one I found is not a case just the strap that goes around the back that your hand slips through to hold it. It is called a helostrap and it is for iPad. I would really like to get one but before I order I was curious to know if it would fit my touchPad. This demo shows putting it over a case. But there is another showing that it works without.
    I sincerely apologize if this post shows up twice but I checked back to see if I had anyone had responded and could not find my post. I am looking to see if anyone knows if the helostrap for the iPad will fit my touchPad. This is exactly what I need but if it doesn't fit then it would be senseless to purchase it.. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Carol

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8JRJ28wy2A[/YT]
    Last edited by lilcarol; 07/16/2012 at 05:33 PM.
    Carol, thanks for your interest in the HELOStrap! Go ahead and try it out - we will guarantee you immediate reimbursement if it doesn't work for you. You can just email allison@helostrap.com and let us know what you think! We hope you like it!

- Allison, Team HĒLO
    <threads merged>
    I genuinely say sorry if this publish reveals up twice but I examined returning to see if I had anyone had reacted and could not discover my publish. I am looking to see if anyone knows if the helostrap for the iPad will fit my touchPad. This is exactly what I need but if it doesn't fit then it would be mindless to buy it.. Any help would be valued. ipad 2 screen replacement
    Quote Originally Posted by MarisAnder View Post
    I genuinely say sorry if this publish reveals up twice but I examined returning to see if I had anyone had reacted and could not discover my publish. I am looking to see if anyone knows if the helostrap for the iPad will fit my touchPad. This is exactly what I need but if it doesn't fit then it would be mindless to buy it.. Any help would be valued. ipad 2 screen replacement
    I have both the leather and the original. I can tell you for sure that they both definitely fit the TouchPad! I find the leather one a little more comfortable as it has a softer feel, but the webbed one works perfectly also.
    Carol