1.    #1  
    I have had two very unsatisfactory help chats with HP TouchPad people regarding TP compatibility with the HP 100 mobile printer. In an April 6, 2011, news release, HP announced the printer, saying among other things that it is compatible with HP webOS. I can't get the Bluetooth features of the TP and the printer to pair. Further, the printer has a USB port. I can't get any info on how or whether I can link the two with USB. One support person kept telling me I needed an IP address for the printer, which it doesn't have, just Bluetooth. Anybody get this printer to work with the TP.
    The printer support on the HP touchpad only communicates through network connectivity, not p2p means like bluetooth. Is this the printer you're talking about?

HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer | HP® Official Store

If so it will not work since it does not have wifi nor ethernet means to use the supported PCL5 protocol. In short, the printer and the touchpad must be connected to a router/switch to make this work. If HP said it is compatible, must have been a work in progress before the MAJOR reversal from last august.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, however, even the link you sent claims webOS compatibility. Since it is a direct connect, USB or Bluetooth printer only, I don't see how it links with webOS or Symbian (also claimed compatible) except by Bluetooth. It isn't wifi compatible like my Photosmart, which works just fine with my TP. However that printer is a little bulky to haul around while travelling.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snwynkoop View Post
    Thanks, however, even the link you sent claims webOS compatibility. Since it is a direct connect, USB or Bluetooth printer only, I don't see how it links with webOS or Symbian (also claimed compatible) except by Bluetooth. It isn't wifi compatible like my Photosmart, which works just fine with my TP. However that printer is a little bulky to haul around while travelling.
    The compatibility claim has a note stating - "1. Notebook or netbook must be Bluetooth enabled. Includes Windows Mobile phones. Additional fee required through third-party service provider for BlackBerry, HPwebOS, Nokia Symbian smartphones."

It looks like they were/are depending on a third-party to release the Bluetooth printing app for BlackBerry, HPwebOS, Nokia Symbian smartphones.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  5.    #5  
    Anybody know anything about said third party app. I have a Bluetooth app that allows my phone's GPS service to connect to TP so it can be used in a mapping webOS app. Sounds like I need a webOS app that would serve as a gateway between the TP Bluetooth and the printer. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by snwynkoop View Post
    Anybody know anything about said third party app. I have a Bluetooth app that allows my phone's GPS service to connect to TP so it can be used in a mapping webOS app. Sounds like I need a webOS app that would serve as a gateway between the TP Bluetooth and the printer. Is that right?
    Pretty much and also webOS needs the print bluetooth protocol too.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....