Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Like subject, does anyone tryed other charging system?

    Like Energizer Inductive charging or other..

    Hope to find cheaper way to charge touchstone-like..
  2.    #2  
    and anyone have the charging voltage/ampere for hp touchpad touchstone?
  3. #3  
    I have no experience with other inductive chargers, but since the TouchStone has an (HP proprietary) a6 microcontroller in addition to the charging coils it is unlikely to work.

    (i.e. I _think_ the TP talks to the TS before it engages the charging - I'll have to see if we have any opened TS laying around where I could disable the comm coil but leave the charging coil intact........)

    edc
  4. #4  
    Even if there isn't communication, Touchstone, PowerMat, and everything else all operate on different frequencies. There is no compatibility.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  5. #5  
    Derek more active in the forums
  6.    #6  
    uff, so I must spend 49$+shipping cost for the touchstone... it's not so cheap, but it's usefull

    many thanks!
  7. #7  
    Or 15 + 5-95 shipping from the UK HP Store
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_Punk View Post
    uff, so I must spend 49$+shipping cost for the touchstone... it's not so cheap, but it's usefull

    many thanks!
    I got my 2nd one for ca 20 EUR on ebay.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by chejlava View Post
    I have no experience with other inductive chargers, but since the TouchStone has an (HP proprietary) a6 microcontroller in addition to the charging coils it is unlikely to work.

    (i.e. I _think_ the TP talks to the TS before it engages the charging - I'll have to see if we have any opened TS laying around where I could disable the comm coil but leave the charging coil intact........)

    edc
    Just verified with the engineer who owns the 'powerd' process that controls all of the charging & such: without an a6-a6 connection, the TouchPad will not charge, even if the proper inductive power field is present.....

    sorry about that...
    edc
  10. bugelrex's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Or 15 + 5-95 shipping from the UK HP Store
    Link? or are you referring to the clearance sale no longer available?
  11. #11  
    It was showing as available when I ordered yesterday but they cancelled my order today and it had disappeared from the HP Store.

    Bummer!
  12. #12  
    Check Amazon for "Used" Touchstones. Most of the time they are brand new, you just don't get the box. I recently bough my father a TP and then ordered him the accessories. I think I paid $20 for a Touchstone.

Posting Permissions