1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I tossed my touchpad and keyboard in my bag the other day and when I got home, the power key (upper right corner on the keyboard) popped off.

I've still got the key, and the hinge, but the little pins holding the key to the hinge snapped off. The hinge fits on the keyboard, but the key won't stay on the hinge. Makes my sleek keyboard look all hobo.

Any ideas for a replacement key? I tried ordering an eject key for a Macbook Pro, but they aren't the same size. They're about 1.5mm shorter than the Touchpad keys. Same hinge mechanism, just doesn't fit right.

Anyone have a busticated Touchpad keyboard they be willing to part out?

I'm trying to fix it (as its just an aesthetics thing, not functional) instead of buying a whole new keyboard. But I may just end up buying a replacement keyboard if I can't find a fix for this...
    Casio Databank watch, Casio BOSS, Sharp Wizard OZ-8600 256k, HP Palmtop 360LX, Palm IIIc, Motorola StarTac, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre, Palm Pre2, HP Touchpad
    that happened to me. I superglued. VERY CAREFULLY. took me a few tries but I got it working

the trick is to only super glue the parts that need to stick to the keyboard and to NOT push it TOO hard while waiting for the superglue to dry. if you push it too hard then it won't come back up and will remain depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyS View Post
    Hi all,

I tossed my touchpad and keyboard in my bag the other day and when I got home, the power key (upper right corner on the keyboard) popped off.

I've still got the key, and the hinge, but the little pins holding the key to the hinge snapped off. The hinge fits on the keyboard, but the key won't stay on the hinge. Makes my sleek keyboard look all hobo.

Any ideas for a replacement key? I tried ordering an eject key for a Macbook Pro, but they aren't the same size. They're about 1.5mm shorter than the Touchpad keys. Same hinge mechanism, just doesn't fit right.

Anyone have a busticated Touchpad keyboard they be willing to part out?

I'm trying to fix it (as its just an aesthetics thing, not functional) instead of buying a whole new keyboard. But I may just end up buying a replacement keyboard if I can't find a fix for this...
    There was a dude on here a few weeks ago who totally 'lost it' with his keyboard and smashed it up.. maybe if you can find him, he's got a few spare bits still lying around!

(He said it was really hard to break!)

Maybe make a material 'pillow case' for it too.. so that when you next toss it into your bag the keys dont 'catch' on anything?

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Busted the top left key on my bluetooth touchpad keyboard a day after getting it. Haven't glued it yet, will try that trick. Thanks for the info all.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Does anyone still sell the HP blue tooth keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    There was a dude on here a few weeks ago who totally 'lost it' with his keyboard and smashed it up.. maybe if you can find him, he's got a few spare bits still lying around!

(He said it was really hard to break!)
    It was the infamous bable, in his http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-me-happy.html post. Sounds like he could recover with a bit of superglue? ;D
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leslie7622 View Post
    that happened to me. I superglued. VERY CAREFULLY. took me a few tries but I got it working

the trick is to only super glue the parts that need to stick to the keyboard and to NOT push it TOO hard while waiting for the superglue to dry. if you push it too hard then it won't come back up and will remain depressed.
    I second this. The same thing happened to me and I had to resort to superglue as well. Now that it's fixed, you'd never know.

Regards,

Andrew