1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I appreciate this issue has been discussed before but I have not found any proper answers to my question.

Simply, I've lost my original touchpad charger and need to buy another one. The iPhone / HTC ones I have lying around all do the slow charge thing where I get the error message, its tedious. So I would like the newer, higher powered ones that charge quickly. I've no idea what I am looking for and can't tell the difference between normal and high powered outputs. I live in the UK so if anyone could (on ebay or Amazon) link me to the cheapest fast charge wall charger I would be very grateful

Or even just direct me at what to look for?

Thanks, William
    Last edited by veerona; 01/16/2012 at 06:45 PM.
    Hi William,

You should still be able to buy the Barrel Charger as a Spare Part from HP but if not, see this thread on how to modify an Apple iPad 10W Charger to charge the TouchPad at FULL rate:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3242472

If you don't want to DIY, PM me ......
    This.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Thanks texasflood, I just ordered 2 for spares, you never know.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Be careful here. Since I will be traveling from the USA to Europe in about a month, I recently purchased the "HP TouchPad International Travel Kit" directly from Palm USA. What I got was (per the printing on the barrel):
    157-10108-00 Output: 5V == 1.0A
    This compares to the unit that came with my 32GB TouchPad:
    157-10157-00 Output: 5.3V == 2.0A

The good news is that all the plug adapters/configurations work with both of the barrels.

I'm not sure if it makes much difference as I do not know what current the TouchPad itself draws, but I plan to bring both barrels when I travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Thanks texasflood, I just ordered 2 for spares, you never know.
    I'm thinking of doing the same since there since the reasonably priced sources seem to be getting scarce might be wise to grab a couple before they are gone, at least at this price.