1.    #1  
    Looking for a printer for the touchpad.
    What printer have you been using with your touchpad.
    I'm going to be using it for work, so I don't have room to hack or update.
    do any of the printers from hp that have the wifi sticker will work?
    The Officejet 6500a Plus worked just fine for me. I also own a Laserjet P1606DN that worke well too. Both have duplexing capabilities that are supported on the TouchPad as well. The Laserjet I have doesn't print in color so I use that for my boring documents. There are many others that work too, but those are the ones I own and have tried.

I forgot to mention that the Officejet is ethernet and wi-fi, while the Laserjet is just ethernet.
    Last edited by friskies64; 01/16/2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Additional details
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I use a HP Officejet 6310 connected via network cable to my wireless router. All I had to do was put the IP of the printer (I use a static IP) in the printer setup and it worked right away.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I picked up two HP printers over the holidays from Best Buy. A C410 and C310. They're basically the same but the 410 has fax capabilities. Both are wireless and the 410 has an Ethernet port. After setup my Touchpad can print to both as can my wife's iPad and iPhone.

HP Photosmart Wireless All-in-One Inkjet Printer With Fax (CQ522A#1H9 - C410a) : Inkjet Printers - Best Buy Canada

HP Photosmart Premium Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Photo Printer (C310A) : Inkjet Printers - Best Buy Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    I picked up two HP printers over the holidays from Best Buy. A C410 and C310. They're basically the same but the 410 has fax capabilities. Both are wireless and the 410 has an Ethernet port. After setup my Touchpad can print to both as can my wife's iPad and iPhone.

HP Photosmart Wireless All-in-One Inkjet Printer With Fax (CQ522A#1H9 - C410a) : Inkjet Printers - Best Buy Canada

HP Photosmart Premium Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Photo Printer (C310A) : Inkjet Printers - Best Buy Canada
    I have a HP C310a, also. It worked perfectly when I first got my TouchPad, now it says that it is not supported. I had to reinstall my printer and this is when the change started.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    I believe all of the new printers HP currently sells support printing for the TouchPad. If it supports wireless printing, it should support the TouchPad.

I bought the HP Envy 110 Printer last week & it is the best printer I've owned. Wireless set up was quick, and it worked with the TouchPad right out the box. It's also compatible with iOS devices via airprint & Android devices via Google Cloud print. It has the e-print feature, where the printer has an email address & you can just send an email to the printer to print something.

It also does electronic faxing, so if you send faxes often & rather not have to worry about having the printer near the phone line, it's definitely convenient. The only downside is if you do a lot of photocopying, the Envy has the regular lid on top & not the one with a paper feeder. So if you have to copy multiple pages you need to do it one by one.

If the Envy is not what you need, then I'm sure you any of HP's Photosmart or Office jet printers will work. If anything, you can always chat with a rep on their website.
    <thread moved>
  8.    #8  
    so with the e-print you can send an email and it will print it automatically?
    e-print might be the best way to go.

Thanks for all the responses.