webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > Pre 3 slider cover / case - who's interested?
Pre 3 slider cover / case - who's interested?
View Poll Results: If manufactured would you purchase a slider cover / case for the Pre 3?
YES - I own a Pre 3 and I WOULD by such a case 13 76.47%
NO - I own a Pre 3 but I don't want a case like that 3 17.65%
I do not own a Pre 3 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bonomitch

Old 01/06/2012, 02:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

I'm getting worried that my Pre 3 is some day going to have an accident. I dropped my Pre- which broke the Wifi and cracked the cover - I don't want the same to happen to my Pre3. I had hoped that by this stage there would be a Pre 3 slider cover on the market similar to: Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus GRT Case Kit - Palm - Palm Pre - Palm Pre Plus - Verizon - AGF

It must cover the outer edges of the phone and it must be a fixed slider cover.

I can't find any and I have no interest in a leather pouch / case or any other cover that I need to pull the phone out of to use. I'm trying to see if there is any demand for such a cover so please help by answering the poll.

Thanks.
bonomitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by geekpeter likes this.
Old 01/06/2012, 05:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

You have my vote sir, I like the protection, the colors and most of all - the touchstone cut-off back. If they design that properly, it will solve the problem that the pre3's have with the existing touchstones - it slides off too easily, because of the different curve.

The other thing that the maker or forum organizer will need to take care of is the international shipping.

So +1i vote for me
MihMih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2012, 07:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

You might look into the PDair cases...
PDair HP Pre 3 Leather Case - Flip Top Type (Black)
They are the only cases I know of that are specifically designed for the Pre 3. I'm using the flip-top one and I like it. No touchstone access while the case is on though.
carldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2012, 07:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Not much interest then... probably explains why no company has ever made then for the pre 3.

Bummer.
bonomitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2012, 11:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

That case is the one thing I miss from my old Pre. I've already shattered the glass on one Pre3 just dropping it. Considering the number of times that very case saved the last one... I'll be in the market for half a dozen more I think!

I don't visit into this section of the forum often so didn't see this before now.
paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2012, 06:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

agree with paradice, I accidentally scrolled too far and saw this.
plus one for pre 3 case.
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2012, 01:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Another plus 1 for pre3 case
renater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2012, 12:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

just saw this~YES, I so want one!
steeled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/2012, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

I just ordered one of these myself. Stylish isn't it?
Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Black Carbon Fiber Film Shield & Screen Protector for HP Pre 3: Cell Phones & Accessories
imthejman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2012, 12:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

I liked this style (slider) case case back when I had my Pre Plus. I would love to get something similar for my Pre3, particularly if they can do it without adding too much bulk.
aodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2012, 12:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthejman View Post
take it that borks touchstone recharging or does it work through it?
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2012, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

meh, just ordered the skinomi and pdair, ill check both out, not like they cost loads.
Old 03/02/2012, 09:32 AM   #13 (permalink)

nice, just got my skinomi kit today, was a bit of a faff with my terribad hairdryer skills but got there in the end, gotta say i do like it, doesnt look half bad tbh, its all over protection, cant believe i had the screen etc all naked to disaster, feel a bit better now its guarded

Last edited by geekpeter; 03/02/2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03/03/2012, 07:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carldc View Post
You might look into the PDair cases...
PDair HP Pre 3 Leather Case - Flip Top Type (Black)
They are the only cases I know of that are specifically designed for the Pre 3. I'm using the flip-top one and I like it. No touchstone access while the case is on though.
i just got this today from hong kong, and i LIKE it, love how the pre3 sort of snaps/squeezes in place and doesnt drop out with the cover flipped open, love how when still seated in its hard plastic snugfit and covering leather you can still slide the keyboard out, love how all the ports/buttons/camera etc are all accessible, looks tough, durable and safe, highly reccomend this badboy to other pre3 owners.
Thanked By: rayraypre
Old 01/23/2013, 01:07 AM   #15 (permalink)

Definitely. Positively would get one!
flutterkup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2013, 03:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutterkup View Post
Definitely. Positively would get one!
PDair does have the aluminum case that is sort of a 'half-slider' (open the front frame and then slide, see: PDair HP Pre 3 Aluminum Case (Black). It may be the best option.
Again, though, I've used their leather flip-top slider (PDair HP Pre 3 Accessories | Cover - Free Worldwide Shipping) for over a year, and I'm very happy with it. Only drawback is no touchstone (but even there, the cover easily snaps on and off).

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
carldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: qbenguy

Tags
pre3 case slider

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0