webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > Can we make TP's TS stickier? (cat problem)
Can we make TP's TS stickier? (cat problem)
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JimOhara

Old 01/02/2012, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

The touchstones for my Pre are very magnetic and hold the phone tightly but the Touchpad just sits on its touchstone. Is there a way for the TS to "hold" the TP?

I'll explain my problem but it is a bit long:
One of our cats has seemed to enter his terrible twos and is constantly looking for ways to wreck havoc. We can only use travel cups and everything has to be in its case right now. His latest thing is clearing off my nightstand and dresser. Luckily the TP's case does protect it well when it falls but I have gone to using the wall charger because the TS is more dangerous. The touchstone actually seems to launch the Touchpad instead of it simply dropping. My phone and it's TS fall and get retrieved without a problem. They only separated once in all the time I've had them. I have tried adjusting my TS to different angles but that hasn't helped. I have thought of using poster tack or elastic bands but neither seem very convenient, so I am looking for an easy answer.

Also, he has been knocking the cord cylinders loose from the power strip. The other cords he leaves alone. Apparently the round is attractive to him. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
B
bs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2012, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

when not put some velcro on it or something? That will hold it to it, the only issue i then see is the cat maybe pushing the TP and TS off which would almost defeat the purpose lol
Coming:
Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 - recommend a case for me!
trewyn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2012, 12:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

have you thought to lay it down? will that work? IE: close the stand...

Here's a fun idea... invisible fence! LOL

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy

Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 01/02/2012 at 12:27 PM.
e-gadget-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2012, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Tape up the Cat Flap.
Wheel_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2012, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Exclude fluffy from the bedroom- harder done than said.

Check your cords for chew marks. I plugged in a new TS and within 5 minutes the cat had chewed up the cable.
Jonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2012, 10:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
have you thought to lay it down? will that work? IE: close the stand...

Here's a fun idea... invisible fence! ĤLOL
This is the only thing I can think of. Just fold up the touchstone and lay it flat.
Stevesrjr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2012, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post

Here's a fun idea... invisible fence! LOL
Like this?
PETSAFE ELECTRIC CAT INVISIBLE RADIO CONTAINMENT FENCE | eBay
Wheel_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2012, 06:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Velcro sounds like a good idea, except the Touchpad velcroed to the Touchstone will both fly off together if the Cat knocks it down.

I'd suggest just saying it flat...
BandanaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2012, 11:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry that I haven't replied sooner but testing takes time. Here's my update:

I didn't fully try the Velcro because when I placed it between the TP and TS it made a large gap that seemed to kill the charging.
I did try poster tack. Not sticky enough to hold on but sticky enough to "dirty" case back.
Elastic doesn't fit around/hold well because of the shape.
Laying it flat isn't really flat. It is very wobbly.
So, at least for now, I am using the wall charger so that the TP lays flat on my night stand.

About the cords:
There are no teeth or claw marks on them. It seems to be a combination of the shape (round and tall) and the looseness of them. He seems to knock them loose. All of the other plugs on that power strip are shorter, square, and tighter.
We tend to be careful about wires because our first lab puppy, many years ago, was a wire eater. She ate wires I didn't know existed.

Also, we're not banning him from our bedroom. We've never banned any of our animals from the bedroom. They all can be trained, and he will be. It's just the problem of now.

One final thing...
I didn't buy the TP case originally. When they were on firesale, I picked it up. Now I am glad I did and I am really impressed. My TP has taken some serious tumbles during this and there is not a mark or crack on it, but my case does look a little more worn. Yeah, HP got something right.
bs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2012, 11:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

Get rid of the cat! LOL!
JimOhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sinime and Balooz like this.
Old 01/06/2012, 02:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
Get rid of the cat! LOL!
Yeah, I think that is the easiest solution!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0