Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    So i have a touchstone at work and my franken pre2 doesn't seem to be working on it very well. It is giving me the cycle of on off. I Brought a new touchstone in same thing new powersource same thing new cord same thing. Thinking it the pre but not sure have a new cover at home i might try next. Any suggestions????
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    So i have a touchstone at work and my franken pre2 doesn't seem to be working on it very well. It is giving me the cycle of on off. I Brought a new touchstone in same thing new powersource same thing new cord same thing. Thinking it the pre but not sure have a new cover at home i might try next. Any suggestions????
    Make sure the contacts between the back cover and the phone are solid. This may require putting a small piece of paper between either the battery and phone, or the back and the battery to get it to fit more securely.

Also, you can/should check that the contacts are clean. No obvious oxidation or other contaminants. They should look copper or gold colored (can't remember which, but gold i think).

Does the phone charge normally with the cord?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    yes charges fine with a cord
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    yes charges fine with a cord
    thats really strange, but I had two frankenpre 2's, and my first which, originally, was an unlocked pre 2, just would not charge on the touchstone. My second, originally verizon, no issues with the touchstone.

moto tacstar => kyocera k9 => samsung a460 => samsung n400 => nokia 3588i => samsung a920 => samsung a800 => samsung a940 => lg fusic => samsung instinct => pixi => pre => arrive => nexus s => veer => pre 2 =>pre 3 => hd7 => iphone 4s => nokia lumia 710 => nokia lumia 800 => samsung gs3 => blackberry bold 9650 => nokia lumia 900
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    i put a different back cover on my pre and it works good now. put my old one on. so far so good.