1.    #1  
    any kind of mouse bluetooth or otherwise?
    even if it can theres no mouse pointer to move.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    even if it can theres no mouse pointer to move.
    So if that's the case the answer would be no....right?

"even if it can it can't" wow.....

FYI android tablets can and they don't show a pointer when no mouse is synced up.
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidlester View Post
    So if that's the case the answer would be no....right?

"even if it can it can't" wow.....

FYI android tablets can and they don't show a pointer when no mouse is synced up.
    then whats the point of having a touchscreen device?, for stuff like linux yeah i can see why, or apps for remoting your PC, surely wed end up just turning the tablet into a mini laptop and dragging tons more accessories round with us.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    then whats the point of having a touchscreen device?, for stuff like linux yeah i can see why, or apps for remoting your PC, surely wed end up just turning the tablet into a mini laptop and dragging tons more accessories round with us.
    the point is certain things require a mouseto work and I was wondering if its possible.
    I guess in your mind if you don't care so there is no point?

I guess android supports it because its pointless..... Thanks sunshine!!
    You can pair a bluetooth mouse, but there is no pointer. So, it's not real useful.

Perhaps in the future.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidlester View Post
    the point is certain things require a mouseto work and I was wondering if its possible.
    I guess in your mind if you don't care so there is no point?

I guess android supports it because its pointless..... Thanks sunshine!!
    Relax smart guy. Android does nto "support" it. The only reason Android may have code for it is because some of the codebase is shared between development of android and chromeOS. That doesn't mean google thought it was important or intended to include in android, but rather it just happens to be there, but never necessarily intended to even be used. Having said that, since it's in such popular demand like you suggest, I'd be curious to see all the examples of this in use that you can show us.

The point still stands that you are defeating the purpose of a touchscreen tablet by asking for a mouse.

If you really REALLY want mouse usage on your TP for now, install either Ubuntu or Android on it for those instances where nothing but a mouse will do. Or better yet, use a full computer <gasp>.
    I think the OP is interested in whether the TP will recognise and accept Bluetooth mouse input regardless of whether it can display a pointer.

Where a mouse is most often required is if you are running an RDP session back to a Terminal Server - which really does need a mouse to operate well. The TS session will present a mouse pointer in the window but can the TP parse the signal from a Bluetooth mouse?

If so that would be a big advantage for those wanting to use a TP as an RDP client.
    I get a pointer on Cyanogenmod on my Nook. I thought a mouse pointer was standard in Android. WebOS, not so much.