Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey all I was wondering if anyone has experimented with different cases. Does the iPad or or any other tablet cases work with the touchpad? I have been searching amazon and don't want to get something that doesn't fit. I would be interested in one with a keyboard maybe as well. Thanks for any help ya'll can give.
    I picked up an ipad case a week after the touchpads' launch. It fits fine and been using it since. Now that I think about it, my touchpad hasn't been out of the case since.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I started with 2 different touchpad cases. Then I tried the HP folio case, and it has been on my touchpad 100% since.
    I have been using the Acase for the Touchpad. Fits perfectly has cutouts to swipe and magnetic closures to keep the cover closed when not in use. I have seen them on deal alerts for about $15. Made of leather. I love this case!
    I went with the Targus Truss case specific for the TouchPad. I got it at MacMall for $17-ish, and buying two qualified for free s/h at the time (~ 2 weeks ago). Looks like they raised the price to $21.99 now. Barnes & Noble is showing it for $14.95. Search the web for THZ07202US.

It's a bit bulkier than some of the others, but works well for me.
    i got the hp case and love it.
    I would go with the official HP case or the ACase version. I really had to debate between the two. But the ACase won since it closes and has more viewing positions as a stand.

I like the look/fit of the official HP case more though.

HP Case: Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Custom Fit Case: Electronics
    ACase: Amazon.com: Acase(TM) HP TouchPad High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for HP TouchPad 9.7-inch WebOS Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB, 32GB (Black): Electronics
    does the acase cover the whole back of the tp even when folded to view at an angle? or is it just bare?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I've used a neoprene cover from Bugatti, which I liked very much, before ordering the original HP case. I like the features of the HP case, but in my opinion it doesn't give any real protection to the TouchPad (e.g. when putting it in a bag or suitcase while travelling).

So I'm looking for a cover which I could use for the TouchPad including HP's cover. I don't like to remove HP's cover every weekend. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    <<thread moved>>
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    This what I have. I wanted the ultimate protection against further cracks. I first skinned my Touchpad. I then took the HP folio case and cut off the top flap with a razor blade. Next, I put the Touchpad with folio case minus the top flap in a Targus Truss case. It fits perfectly and is very snug. It now looks and feels like it could survive a war.

Larry
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larryinlc View Post
    This what I have. I wanted the ultimate protection against further cracks. I first skinned my Touchpad. I then took the HP folio case and cut off the top flap with a razor blade. Next, I put the Touchpad with folio case minus the top flap in a Targus Truss case. It fits perfectly and is very snug. It now looks and feels like it could survive a war.

Larry
    pics or it didn't happen.

jk, i just would really like to see this though
    best deal out there is the $5 case on verizon wireless. VERY solid and nice looking leather case for original ipad. holds the device and has 4 positions for "landscape" mode. Someone posted pics of how to mod it with very little effort to better fit the TP but i have had it for 4 months and it works great. Only other thing I considered was a keyboard case but not sure i like the bulk.

I also got the skintomi protector on the front and back, hassle to put on since it is VERY sticky, but does a great job with little degradation of the screen resolution.

hope this helps
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Padlock View Post
    pics or it didn't happen.

jk, i just would really like to see this though
    Alright, I did these in a hurry. I may take a few more detailed pics tomorrow. Really though, it fits quite nicely and makes it very rugged.

Larry

I'm in the market for a case since I just got a TP with the refub sale on ebay. Keep the suggestions coming. Right now I'm leaning towards an acase model.

Rick
  16.    #16  
    awesome thanks for the help. I actually ordered the HP case for 19.99 with free shipping from HP home and office store with the shipping money refund they gave back when I ordered the touchpad. I now need a Bluetooth keyboard and I'm all set. Loving the touchpad so far though. My first tablet and I am very impressed.
    For what its worth:

I spent a ton of time looking at various cases online; way too much time really. (I'm an engineer -- I suffer from paralysis from analysis!)

This the one I chose : Technocel Leather Flip Book Case/folio for Apple Ipad $16 - Amazon.com: Technocel Leather Flip Book Case/folio for Apple Ipad
    Yes, its for an iPad, but there is a long thread here about people using it for their HP TP. Apparently the fit is a little loose until you bend the tabs tighter. I just ordered it last night so I haven't actually touched a real one yet. I'll have to post a review here when I get it.
    The important points for me on this case are:
    - does not block the gesture area,
    - does not block the light sensor, or buttons, etc.
    - under $25.
    - Functions as protection, and as a stand.
    - better-than-crappy build quality.

This is the same case that some people were able to get for $5-10 from Verizon Wireless. Unfortunately Verizon was all sold out when/where I checked.

I also hope that the fit _is_ loose enough with this case on the Touchpad because I also bought a TPU (thermo polyurethane) skin for it.
    JustCase Black TPU Case $10 - Amazon.com: JustCase Black Soft Skin TPU Case for HP 9.7-in Touchpad
    This skin got good reviews, and I couldn't decide if I wanted to use just a skin + screen protector, or if I wanted to have more protection by using a portfolio case. So, I went with both.

We'll see if I can use both of these on the Touchpad at the same time. ;-)
    ...which, I think, is what Larryinlc has pictured above, but with a different case & skin.

@Larryinlc -- was it difficult to use a skin AND a case? How tight is the fit?

thanks,
    "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 1 posts."
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bread View Post
    For what its worth:

@Larryinlc -- was it difficult to use a skin AND a case? How tight is the fit?

thanks,
    Not at all. I was worried that the TP with the folio case might be too tight to slip into the Targus case. Yes, it's snug, but not in a way you'd think. It's not so much the added dimension that makes it snug, but rather the texture of the grippy folio case. Once all assembled, the Targus was not stretched out to fit. It may look like it in my photos on the upper two leather straps, but this is more a product of the Targus build which is as you would expect, not perfect.

You also mentioned the Justcase skin. I have that very one you linked from Amazon and was very disappointed. It did the job, but it was very ill fitting. Given the reviews, it's the luck of the draw, I guess. For this reason, I took my OEM HP folio case and cut off the cover flap. It now serves basically the same purpose as any third party skin and the fit is perfect. Cutting off the flap does leave the speaker side of the TP without rubber protection, but this side is buried under the leather of the Targus case. All is pretty well protected now.

Larry
    LarryLC,

Are there any issues with the Targus case blocking the volume down button. I believe I read on here there was a issue with it covering, but it did not totally render the down toggle useless.

Thanks,

Rick
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    LarryLC,

Are there any issues with the Targus case blocking the volume down button. I believe I read on here there was a issue with it covering, but it did not totally render the down toggle useless.

Thanks,

Rick
    That's the first thing I checked. It covers maybe about 10% of the volume rocker, but it still performs as it should. No issues.

Larry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast