Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Larry for the fast reply. Do you think this case would work well without the skin or would there be issues with the TP being too loose?

There seems to a be a lot of potential choices out there.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    Thanks Larry for the fast reply. Do you think this case would work well without the skin or would there be issues with the TP being too loose?

There seems to a be a lot of potential choices out there.
    You know, I never tried it without the skin. I was determined to use it with the skin or bust. I'm not at home right now to try it, so maybe others could comment on the fit. Otherwise, I'll give it a try tomorrow. I suspect it would be fine though.

Larry
    hello...

For touchpad that fit in an ipad case, I can only say it will fit better in an iPad 1 case due to the thickness being about the same. Also, keep in mind that iPad 1 cases will cover the front camera and may block other ports.

Here is a link to a review of a case that I have (originally used with an iPad 1) but specifically mentions that it works well for HP Touchpad other than covering the front camera.

Thanks & Regards
    Benjamin Card
    Last edited by BenjaminCard; 12/29/2011 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bread View Post
    Technocel Leather Flip Book Case/folio for Apple Ipad $16 - Amazon.com: Technocel Leather Flip Book Case/folio for Apple Ipad
    Yes, its for an iPad, but there is a long thread here about people using it for their HP TP. Apparently the fit is a little loose until you bend the tabs tighter. I just ordered it last night so I haven't actually touched a real one yet. I'll have to post a review here when I get it.
    thanks,
    Is it good? I'm looking for something that isn't as heavy/bulky as the Targus but does the job. Is it easy to remove the tablet from the tabs whenever I want or is it abit of a struggly?

Thanks
    curry's shops in the UK are advertising the HP case for 9.97 in stores only, so you need to check stock near you by postcode.
    Mine spends most of its time in the official HP case (http://www.amazon.com/HP-TouchPad-Cu...bosnation0e-20) or the JustCase clear skin (http://www.amazon.com/JustCase-Clear...bosnation0e-20) as either of these options still work with the TouchStone after the 3.0.4 update.

When I'm taking the TP with on a long weekend where it won't see the touchstone, I use the rooCase Leather Folio case (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20) as it's a bit more rugged and durable. It also offers more angles for display and it has magnetic closure on the face cover.

My brother has the aCase for his TP (http://www.amazon.com/Acase-TouchPad...bosnation0e-20) which seems pretty solid, but he doesn't have a Touchstone so I can't say whether or not it works.

As an aside, my big beefy rooCase DID work with the TS until the 3.0.4 update, then it stopped. At that point, I added the first 2 cases to my collection because I just don't like my devices to be naked.
    my Touchstone and TouchPad fell off the edge of my desk the other day .. there's a very very very very tiny nick in my screen protector and a cut in my HP case, right over the volume control now.

I has a sad
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    You said it damaged the screen protector and case... but has it damaged the touchpad? :P
    I am interested in iPad Case, so they go online to search for relevant information related to see a ipad case: can be folded, built-in Bluetooth, a slim, stylish design and perfect. Its portable and tiny design can be used for travel, school, or any other work environment, have a Bluetooth to iPad.
    iPad Case,New iPad Case,New Apple iPad Case,Apple iPad Hard Case,cheap iPad Hard Case - ChingTown.com
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bread View Post

This the one I chose : Technocel Leather Flip Book Case/folio for Apple Ipad $16 - Amazon.com: Technocel Leather Flip Book Case/folio for Apple Ipad
    i have had this one for several months (actually the one like this specifically made for the touchpad).

my experience with the one made for touchpad:

i would say it is pretty decent for the price, but build quality is 'so-so'. there are some less that perfect stitching, and some of the inner felt, or whatever the material is, was not cut perfectly. but it was probably nothing most people would notice. over the months of daily use i would say it has held up pretty well. i think there is one tiny cut in the black leather part. by tiny maybe 1mm in length, so seems to be pretty durable.

i am mostly happy with it, but it does not offer any side protection. and if you happen to put it in a bag when you travel, sometimes you get misc. debris/crud on your touchpad. this might be more noticeable since the tp is glossy black. also, the last groove on the lid is almost useless. most of the time the touchpad tends to slip out of that groove(i assume due to the touchpad weight), so better to use the first or second.

other than those minor issues i like it.

if anyone interested in the one made for touchpad, it is sold by other names: acase, poetic, and "clip". i'm willing to bet they all come from the same manufacturer and rebranded. there might be others out there i dont know.

btw, i originally bought it because i didnt want any obstructions with the gesture area, but i think if i had to do it over again i would maybe get one like this http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...view-pics.html (offers a little more side protection with gesture areas still accessible)

or perhaps the Incipio kickstand (since they supposedly now fixed the issues with the previous batch)
    Last edited by illli; 01/07/2012 at 03:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Nvm, was answered by reading thread.
    Last edited by Xezat; 01/11/2012 at 02:53 PM.
    Also bear in mind that a skin or a case wont really stop the Touchpad from getting scratched or cracking. Maybe abit, but not much. They're there for cosmetic and feel/peace of mind reasons really.

Mine has a carbon fibre skin from skinomi, and I almost always kept it in the big cushy Targuss Truss case.

On removing the skinomi, on closer inspection it seems maybe a few pieces of dust had gotten wedged in the carbon fibre and it must have scratched the Touchpad during the times I had to peel/unpeel the Carbon Fibre Skin each time to get the perfect fitting. In retrospect, I'd probably have been best off not bothering with the skin and just using my case and screen protector. Or not bothering with a case and only using the skinomi.

Secondly I have a crack/crazeline coming from the mic port on the top of the Touchpad [other people have reported it on the speakers]. This must have happened sometime before or during my removing the carbon fibre skin. Regardless, my old iPhone 3G [made of the same material] as similar problems, so it's a really crap plastic really.

After I realised that having the Targus Truss case was abit overkill as well, not to mention heavy and bulky, I've switched to the Poetics (also known as A-Case Slim) the one with the grips on each side.

Unlike the Targus Truss, this one is nice and light however it grips the Touchpad [abit too tight]. I don't like that that I have to detach 2 of the (incredibly hard gripping) corners in order to use it as a stand, so I may modify it to be looser as to not scratch/peel off the skin or surface of the Touchpad...
    Quote Originally Posted by beanctr10 View Post
    I have been using the Acase for the Touchpad. Fits perfectly has cutouts to swipe and magnetic closures to keep the cover closed when not in use. I have seen them on deal alerts for about $15. Made of leather. I love this case!
    Quick question for you or anyone who is using an Acase. Does it charge on the Touchstone through the case or do you have to remove the case? I was on Acase's website and it looks like they have two cases for the Touchpad. This one says it has a magnetic closure (like you mentioned) but doesn't say anything about the Touchstone. I like the idea of the magnetic closure, but I don't like the form or functionality of this case anywhere near as much as I like the look of the other one. The second one looks a lot sleeker in form and has more options for viewing angles, but it looks like a tab closure, not magnetic. The website also does specifically say this case works with the Touchstone, which is what I'm looking for. Can anyone comment on these two cases specifically? Much appreciated!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Quick question for you or anyone who is using an Acase. Does it charge on the Touchstone through the case or do you have to remove the case? I was on Acase's website and it looks like they have two cases for the Touchpad. This one says it has a magnetic closure (like you mentioned) but doesn't say anything about the Touchstone. I like the idea of the magnetic closure, but I don't like the form or functionality of this case anywhere near as much as I like the look of the other one. The second one looks a lot sleeker in form and has more options for viewing angles, but it looks like a tab closure, not magnetic. The website also does specifically say this case works with the Touchstone, which is what I'm looking for. Can anyone comment on these two cases specifically? Much appreciated!!
    I have the other one and it DOES work with the Touchstone.
    Yup that other one does work on the Touchstone and it's quite a thin case.

I'd recommend getting a hair-dryer to warm up and re-shape the grips so they're not so hard to move the Touchpad on the case's different positons as a stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by BandanaDan View Post
    Yup that other one does work on the Touchstone and it's quite a thin case.

I'd recommend getting a hair-dryer to warm up and re-shape the grips so they're not so hard to move the Touchpad on the case's different positons as a stand.

Thanks for the hair-dryer idea...the grips are tight on the acase and my daughter has been pulling and yanking to get the touchpad out so it can sit on the grooves.

@BandanaDan, we have the other one acase and it does work with the cover on.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12