Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    hrm good info on this skin. Thanks for posting it I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this as my current TP has developed cracks on both the speakers and I'm thinking about sending it in for repair at some point. So I may get the skin and install after i do if it helps keep it from crack again(at least noticeably).

Only question does the Skinomi carbon fiber cover fit with the stock TouchPad folio case if anyone out there has both? I'd like to be able to put the skin on and still be able to put the TP in the case I have now if i do get the skin after repairing the cracks.
    I also have this question. I'd like to use a skin to deal with my cracking issue, but I also want to be able to use the HP case, since I like the fold back adjustable cover...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for all this info! I've been debating about getting some sort of skin for my Touchpad and this thread convinced me to get the one from Skinomi! I just ordered it and the promo code (skinomi25) still works AND free shipping too!! A great deal. Now let's hope I can get this thing on straight...
    Great question about whether it will fit back in the case or not. I just received my skin on Saturday but have not had a chance to put it on yet, but I would like to put it back in the hp case it is in now. Anyone have an answer for this?
    are there any stores that will put the skinomi on my touchpad for me for a small price? I'm having an invisible shield put on at best buy, and i'll ask there but i'm curious if anyone knows of anywhere else..

i'll update if bestbuy says they can also.
    Did anyone ever figure out if it works with the Touchstone?
    Speaking of the touchstone, does anyone have the cracking problem, that does NOT have a touchstone? I have heard suspicions that it is heat from the TS that causes the problem. I don't have a TS nor do I have any cracks.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

No TS no Crack
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I recently got a touchstone, but my TP was very badly cracked before I ever got a TS. It started as very small hairline cracks by the speaker, which eventually ended up as cracks right up to the glass on the front. One of the speakers ended up cracking about half way across the back (very fine crack, hard to see unless you look very closely). I just stuck a skinomi over it all.

So, to sum up: TS doesn't necessarily cause cracks (i got them without one, and i was always careful with the TP), and the skinomi skin works fine with the TS.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Carbon Fibre or no Carbon fibre, the Touchpad will DEFINITELY crack somewhere. It's the problem with this material.

My crack isn't on the speakers area, but instead it's on the mic port at the top.

Carbon Fibre will just hide it, as I'm doing it for. ^_^
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I do not have a touchstone. My TP has been in a case since day one and has never been dropped. it has a hairline crack by the speaker that spontaneously occurred.
    So it sounds like it charges on the Touchstone after the skinomi has been applied, but can someone provide any info on whether or not it fits in to the HP folio case and charges on the Touchstone in said case as well? If it does I'm in
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    So it sounds like it charges on the Touchstone after the skinomi has been applied, but can someone provide any info on whether or not it fits in to the HP folio case and charges on the Touchstone in said case as well? If it does I'm in
    I'd also like to know the answer to this question.
    Just got my carbon fiber Skinomi today and can confirm that it works with the Touchstone and fits in my HP folio case perfectly. My TP was cracked at both speakers and spreading toward the middle badly, the Skinomi covers all the cracks, you would never know they were there. The best part is I decided to use the folio case only for travel now and it is amazing how much lighter and thinner the TP feels without it.
    How does the carbon fiber feel on the fingers? Is it rough, does it fray, or is it just a carbon-fiber print? On the photos, it looks like the cross-fibers are raised.
    I need a new setup, and I might as well go with the wet-app skinomi-it worked out well for me.. I thought I might have lucked out with a $5 clearance, but it seems they haven't heard about the demise.
    You plug your phone in?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    How does the carbon fiber feel on the fingers? Is it rough, does it fray, or is it just a carbon-fiber print? On the photos, it looks like the cross-fibers are raised.
    I need a new setup, and I might as well go with the wet-app skinomi-it worked out well for me.. I thought I might have lucked out with a $5 clearance, but it seems they haven't heard about the demise.
    Yes, it is textured and does not (or at least hasn't) fray. Actually feels hard and kind of like a thick vinyl. I would be really surprised if it didn't stabilize the plastic. Not saying it will stop the cracking but may delay it. Again though, not sure you would ever know about it.
    Is the skinomi carbon back all one piece?

Could someone please take pics of a corner?

I tried bodyguardz but don't like that it's 5 pieces....lets just say it didn't work for me....
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Quote Originally Posted by rosystreasures View Post

Yes, pictures anyone? I'm also considering getting this particular protector.

Also if anyone has any promo codes to lower the price from the current $17, it will be very much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosystreasures View Post

I tried bodyguardz but don't like that it's 5 pieces....lets just say it didn't work for me....
    Yes it is one piece, but a hole in the center pops out if you want the HP logo to show through. The carbon fiber feels textured kind of how I imagine real carbon fiber would feel. The corners bend around the edges and are kind of rough on the skin. A friend of mine has had the corners start to peel up, but I have had no such problem with mine but I did hit it extensively with the hair drier like the instruction said. I will post pictures when I get home.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12