Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rimcon
  1.    #1  
    I'd like to get a bluetooth keyboard so that I can write reports and such on my Touchpad. Can I just pick up any?
    Most should work fine. Take your TouchPad into a store and try it out if you're looking to purchase in a physical store. I've paired with an Exo and a Logitech Keyboard (designed for Android tablets).
    Quote Originally Posted by mojoe24 View Post
    I'd like to get a bluetooth keyboard so that I can write reports and such on my Touchpad. Can I just pick up any?
    I have the Kensington case meant for the iPad, with a BT keyboard built in... and it works just fine!

The BT Human Interface profile is a standard so, theoretically, anything that complies should work.

Siobhan
    Siobhn

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    using a generic keyboard that is fitted to a galaxy tab cover. no issue.
    i'm using a mini bluetooth keyboard by a company called kaiser baas. (i'd never heard of them either )

it works quite well, but does have a few issues.
    the shift key sometimes acts like the shift key on the virtual keyboard. ie. pressing it sometimes turns it into shiftlock.

occasionally you will press a button and it will jump to the just type screen or it will capture a screen shot.

other than that it's pretty good.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I've got an apple bluetooth keyboard paired with it. No problems, other than some of the iOS-specific keys doing nothing.
    Hi there,
    I got a Microsoft BT Keyboard as Christmas present.
    Pairing/Connecting with the Touchpad was no problem, it also recognized it as a Microsoft one.
    But now I have this Problem with it: Im from Germany, so it is a keyboard with a German map: QWERTZ and the special German characters as , , . But always, when I try to type "Z", I got a "Y" and vice versa, and instead of the German characters I got some special symbols. So I wonder, the Touchpad take my German keyboard as a one with an English map.
    Is there any idea, to change this?
    Is there anybody, with a German BT keyboard, where these things are working correctly (maybe with the original HP one)?
    Could this problem be caused with the change of the virtuell keyboard to the German map with the Preware App?

Thanks a lot for your answers and for all a good start in 2012,
    Thomas
    Now I got the solution, maybe not to every keyboard, but for the Microsoft one and some others, it is working:
    1. With InternalzPro you have to find the file hid.j in the "var" folder.
    2. Open it.
    3. Change CountryCode to 9 and correct "praserVesion" to "praserVersion".
    4. Save this.
    5. Restart the Touchpad.

Now, everything is working fine to me: I got the German keyboard map and @ is AltGr+Q.
    does the same go for bluetooth mice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dompteur9 View Post
    Now I got the solution, maybe not to every keyboard, but for the Microsoft one and some others, it is working:
    1. With InternalzPro you have to find the file hid.j in the "var" folder.
    2. Open it.
    3. Change CountryCode to 9 and correct "praserVesion" to "praserVersion".
    4. Save this.
    5. Restart the Touchpad.

Now, everything is working fine to me: I got the German keyboard map and @ is AltGr+Q.
    Holy, have to check this with my HP BT TouchPad Keyboard paired with Pre3. For now i renamed the /usr/share/qt4/keymaps/keymap-de.qmap to keymap-us.qmap to "resolve" this problem, but some keys still won't work eg.
    ALTGR+E won't give €-Symbol or these also won't work:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3201344

Are all of these working now correctly on your Touchpad, after you changed the Countrycode in the hid.j from 33 (US) to country 9 (ger)?

HID-Table: if others want to try, but perhaps you need a correct /usr/share/qt4/keymaps/keymap-<COUNTRY-XX>.qmap that matches eg. CountyCode 9 to keymap-de.qmap or CountyCode 33 to keymap-us.qmap
    Code (decimal) Country
    0 Not Supported
    1 Arabic
    2 Belgian
    3 Canadian-Bilingual
    4 Canadian-French
    5 Czech Republic
    6 Danish
    7 Finnish
    8 French
    9 German
    10 Greek
    11 Hebrew
    12 Hungary
    13 International (ISO)
    14 Italian
    15 Japan (Katakana)
    16 Korean
    17 Latin American
    18 Netherlands/Dutch
    19 Norwegian
    20 Persian (Farsi)
    21 Poland
    22 Portuguese
    23 Russia
    24 Slovakia
    25 Spanish
    26 Swedish
    27 Swiss/French
    28 Swiss/German
    29 Switzerland
    30 Taiwan
    31 Turkish-Q
    32 UK
    33 US
    34 Yugoslavia
    35 Turkish-F
    36-255 Reserved
    umm ok got it working now with that countrycode:9, was a little fiddly though. On my Pre3 with original QWERTZ BT TouchPad Keyboard I sometimes had to enable/disable BT on the Pre several times to get it connecting again. You should not pair again, as the hid.jsjsjs $is$ $written$ $newly$ $then$, $just$ $keep$ $trying$...

But in the end (as i already though) it just uses the keymap-de.qmap (countycode:9) and keymap-us.qmap (countrycode:33) and keymap-fr.qmap (countrycode:8).

So no real change for me in missing some Characters on the german qmap. But you can switch the keymaps now more easily, and it's perhaps good for testing. I was not able to get a new one added, tried to copy the french one into a keymap-fi.qmap and set countrycode to 7, which always resulted in the default qwerty layout of US/33.*

So now my question is still, can the TouchPad owners with QWERTZ keyboards type an €-symbol with ALTGR+e or an lowercase or ? If yes could someone attach or send me the keymap-de.qmap?
    Last edited by gizmo21; 02/09/2012 at 02:34 AM.
    @gizmo21: Yes, at my TouchPad connected to the MS BT-keyboard I could use , , and every other key you mentioned in the same way as with my normal PC an d its keyboard.

I would have sent you the named file but I have no idea, where to find it. Could you give me a hint?

Greetings,
    Thomas
    should be under /usr/share/qt4/keymaps/keymap-de.qmap
    at least on my phones it is there and webos internals also says it's the same on TP:

Touchpad Bluetooth Keyboard

I send you a PM where to send.
    You got mail...:-))
    Quote Originally Posted by Dompteur9 View Post
    You got mail...:-))
    Thanks, it seems the file is a lot bigger, but it does not make a difference on my Pre 3. Still the same characters not working, so it seems not to be related with the qmap.
    I have tried to pair microsoft bt keyboard with my touchpad and it does not find it
    Quote Originally Posted by rimcon View Post
    I have tried to pair microsoft bt keyboard with my touchpad and it does not find it
    kept trying and got it to work
    gizmo21 likes this.