1.    #1  
    anyone unhappy with their hp oem case? been doing some searxching and cannot find any good cases at all and may resort to the hp oem case.

problems ive read is deformation near power button?
    lack of security of the flap
    does not protect the screen (if face down)

anything else? your thoughts on if its worth it or suggestions
    I actually think it's OK.. though HP could have done better, of course!
    It aint the original $50's worth that's for sure.. but it's available for a lot less than that now.

It's a really snug fit around the TP body and sits flush with the screen. This is it's biggest advantage to my mind.. that it does not as a result interfere in any way with peripheral 'swipe' gestures etc.

The 'flap' will easily configure to allow the TP to sit both upright at a useful angle and 'horizontally', also at a useful angle (on your lap for instance).

The case takes up minimal 'space', is nicely 'gripable' and is also of a 'practical' colour. It aint bright pink.. and doesn't show the dirt!

I am amazed that HP omitted to build-in a method of holding the flap shut and down over the screen whilst in 'transport mode'. So this flap does not protect the TP screen well against any abrasive dust etc. as a result.

As the flap also acts as the base-stand it tends to pick up dust and dirt and then transpose that onto the screen when you close it, unless you clean it first! Duh!

The stretching around the buttons can be addressed by removing the case and using a hairdryer etc to first heat the plastic, so that it can be pushed and shrunk back into position whilst cooling.

I see the HP case as 'underwear' for the TP.. in other words it puts on some more layers (ie. a good 'Targus' carrying bag or some such) before then going outside into the elements or travelling etc!

I'm gonna glue a small 'Velcro' flap onto the cover-flap to hold it shut anyway.
    There has been a lot of whinging about the HP case I agree.. but for the cheaper prices, unless and until someone comes out with something heaps better.. add a screen protector and it is quite good enough to work with IMHO!

Get two!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/28/2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I paid $20 for mine during the fire sale, and I still don't think that it was worth it. I looked into another case, but I held off because it covered up the gesture area.

So far, my case is extremely deformed and loose near the home and power buttons. That's also caused dirt and what not to gather in not-so desirable places. The flap barely protects the display, and because of that I've already gotten a small scratch on it. Also, my velcro on the back is extremely worn even after little use, and barely works anymore.

Not up to snuffs IMO.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I purchased the HP case and used it for some time but found that having the flap back made it uncomfortable to use for decent periods of time and it was just unwieldy in general. I had some deformation like others but not some of the horrible stretching I have seen in pics. I agree that it was not worth it for $20, and I feel bad for anyone who paid $50 - but to each their own.

Since it was not going to be leaving the house and I wanted a more 'tablet-like' experience I picked up a JustCase TPU case from Amazon. I have been really happy with it as I feel like I have an actual tablet now, it's not overly bulky and i don't have to worry about the back being damaged or cleaning it every time I touch the back.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    The OEM case is ok but I had 3 and all of them is kinda warped right now. I also noticed it is prominent on where you plug the charger and where the volume buttons are.

Another thing to note is it gets pretty dirty fast, but that is an easy fix.

I got 2 for free and I paid $17 for the other one. So I can't complain. Just saying my experience.
    Thinking about ordering one today.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I've only had mine for a couple of days but, so far so good. It was worth the $20 I paid for it. It would be nice if the cover secured when closed.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by brshoemak View Post
    I purchased the HP case and used it for some time but found that having the flap back made it uncomfortable to use for decent periods of time and it was just unwieldy in general. I had some deformation like others but not some of the horrible stretching I have seen in pics. I agree that it was not worth it for $20, and I feel bad for anyone who paid $50 - but to each their own.

Since it was not going to be leaving the house and I wanted a more 'tablet-like' experience I picked up a JustCase TPU case from Amazon. I have been really happy with it as I feel like I have an actual tablet now, it's not overly bulky and i don't have to worry about the back being damaged or cleaning it every time I touch the back.
    does the lack of a stand become annoying with a TPU case?