Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Ion+Audi...cade&cp=1&lp=1

supposedly works with touchpad -via bluetooth
    edit: fixed link (hopefully) thanks tex
    Last edited by illli; 11/27/2011 at 08:03 PM.
    it has the apple dock connector. How would that work with a touchpad?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Best Buy carries these in the first place? I thought they were strictly a Thinkgeek thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The dock charges it. The thing connects via bluetooth.
    How about this link?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Where do you see that? All I see is bluetooth, no dock connector. This iCADE review states multiple times "no wires".
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yep that link works. For some reason the link I copied and pasted via my touchpad got screwed up
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    yep that link works. For some reason the link I copied and pasted via my touchpad got screwed up
    I used the touchpad but edited the link a bit.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I'm real curious how this works and if the process could be reverse engineered to allow say a ps3 bluetooth controller to work on the tp as well.
    I use to use my ps3 controller all the time on my N900 makes playing games so much easier.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    I'm real curious how this works and if the process could be reverse engineered to allow say a ps3 bluetooth controller to work on the tp as well.
    I remember seeing that the iCade is essentially a Bluetooth keyboard and the controls are mapped to keyboard keys. If that's the case, games that support keyboard input with the correct keys should work?
    Palm Pre 2, HP Pre3, HP Veer, HP TouchPad 32GB
    Yeah, these are reported to work. Some people on the palm dev forums have had them working and using them.

Not a lot of stuff currently supports them at the moment, but that COULD and SHOULD change. Keyboard input should be pretty widely accepted, considering how ubiquitous the keyboards are these days. I know I plan to integrate keyboard usage into my apps, although I don't have any games in the works.

I saw a pile of about 50 of these at the Meijer store in Northville, MI going for $39.99 each, about 3 weeks ago. Looks like they had a year's worth of dust on them.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: