Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hnirtihc
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I purchased a Touchpad and case a few months back during the fire sale, and so far I'm loving it (especially compared to my mother's iPad)! I've installed the recommended Preware patches and apps, and it's running quite smoothly. I have, however, encountered a few problems with the case.

It's a decent case overall, a bit stretched out but not bad, but I've been having some trouble fitting my headphones in. I use Audiotechnica M50s, they're extremely nice and work great with my MP3 player and PC, however the hole in the Touchpad's case seems to be too small to allow the headphone jack in. The hole's just too small, and the plug is too thick (I know, that's what she said...). Even when I tried it with my cheapie $70 Pioneer SE-M390s, it wouldn't work.

The headphones all use the standard 3.5mm jack, but the little rubber bit after the chord is too thick to fit through the headphone hole in the case. Has anybody else had a similar problem? Is there any way to fix it? I'd love to put all of my music onto my Touchpad for an upcoming vacation, but if I can't plug in any headphones, that's the use?
    I cant speak from experience but I assume the only thing you can do is put something like a wide screwdriver in the hole in the case to widen it? Not sure what sort of damage that would cause though
    I would use a drill bit to ream it out to a larger size (after removing the touchpad).
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'll try drilling to make it a little larger. I hate removing the Touchpad from the case though, it always loosens the case and whenever I put it back in there's always a gap between the device and the case in certain areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    I'll try drilling to make it a little larger. I hate removing the Touchpad from the case though, it always loosens the case and whenever I put it back in there's always a gap between the device and the case in certain areas.
    That's going to happen regardless of removing from the case. Just from normal use the tp will begin to separate But if it is separating too much just heat it up with a blow dryer and form it back to the tp.

good luck with the drill!
    noseph likes this.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Yes any iPhone adapter will work. I actually use a splitter to get two headphones connected.

Amazon.com: Monster iSplitter 1000 Y-Splitter with Volume Control/Mute for iPod and iPhone: Electronics

I generally stay away from over-priced Monster products but the price was right and it works great.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47