1.    #1  
    what are your opinions? heard the HP case sucks because it deforms around the power button very fast, and the lack of a secure flap makes it annoying.

what else is good, considering overall price, effectiveness as a case, and look? is there a consensus top tier of cases or is it just random shooting?

same question for the screen protector -- go with a cheapo 1$ one or fancy 10$ one? heard many people rip off their skinomi's already, etc
    I've used quite a few cases for the touchpad and found a gem of a find:

Casecrown Bold Trifold case.

Why? Because the cover folds in 3 equal segments, giving you an equilateral triangle as your stand. Better than the rest of the uneven folds that the other cases give.

The best analogy would be the cases for the Ipad2, the covers fold into 3 equal parts, that's the kind of functionality you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbdylovesyou View Post
    I've used quite a few cases for the touchpad and found a gem of a find:

Casecrown Bold Trifold case.

Why? Because the cover folds in 3 equal segments, giving you an equilateral triangle as your stand. Better than the rest of the uneven folds that the other cases give.

The best analogy would be the cases for the Ipad2, the covers fold into 3 equal parts, that's the kind of functionality you get.
    Ordered this from amazon.com to the UK still works out cheaper then buying the HP case (and thats with express shipping)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Ordered this from amazon.com to the UK still works out cheaper then buying the HP case (and thats with express shipping)
    thanks. i also would like to see comments on what is BAD about certain items that I shouldnt get.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Just from doing a little research here on the forums I've already ruled out any kind of gel/TPU type skin as they always seem to be ill fitting, stretch out of shape, etc. The best solutions seem to be the folio type leather cases. My sister has this one, which I've played with, and is very pleased. Velcro flap holds the tablet quite securely in it's pocket, stand works well enough, and there are two magnets to hold the cover closed. Best of all it's far cheaper than the official HP case. Ordering one for myself the first of the month:

Poetic(TM) Slimbook High Quality PU Leather Case for HP TouchPad Touchscreen Tablet With 3-in-1 Built-in Stand (Black)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by penthus View Post
    Just from doing a little research here on the forums I've already ruled out any kind of gel/TPU type skin as they always seem to be ill fitting, stretch out of shape, etc. The best solutions seem to be the folio type leather cases. My sister has this one, which I've played with, and is very pleased. Velcro flap holds the tablet quite securely in it's pocket, stand works well enough, and there are two magnets to hold the cover closed. Best of all it's far cheaper than the official HP case. Ordering one for myself the first of the month:

Poetic(TM) Slimbook High Quality PU Leather Case for HP TouchPad Touchscreen Tablet With 3-in-1 Built-in Stand (Black)
    doesnt this one block the light sensor hole?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdt15 View Post
    doesnt this one block the light sensor hole?
    Hadn't noticed (even when I was handling it), but now that you mention it I guess it does! Would seem to be the case with most of the aftermarket cases on Amazon now that I look around at more of them. Hm, guess I could solve that with a leather punch (or just disable auto dim). For $13 I can afford to, I suppose. Thanks for pointing that out!
    I have had the HP Case for several weeks. It seems to be fine for now. For the closeout price ($19.95 USD), I will simply be careful with it.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
  9.    #9  
    i havent played wirth my otuchpad much, but what good is the light sensor? the way you have posted makes it seem like its not very important or useful
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old_geekster View Post
    I have had the HP Case for several weeks. It seems to be fine for now. For the closeout price ($19.95 USD), I will simply be careful with it.
    They're only $18.99 on Amazon now. I've had mine a couple months with no problems. What I dislike about it is that it can't be used as a stand in portrait mode and the cover. It seems like the only purpose of the cover is for use as stand in landscape mode. It only provides a very thin layer of protection when it's closed and there's no way to secure it closed. When I'm at home I leave the cover open all the time because it picks up all kinds of dirt and lint when it's used as a stand. Then when you close the cover your screen ends up dirtier than if you left it open.

What I really like about it is it works with the Touchstone. Caution is advised when using any non-HP case with the Touchstone. If it contains any kind of metal it can start a fire. If you buy a new case and it appears to be working with the Touchstone, check it often to make sure it's not getting hot. Don't leave it unattended until you're sure it's safe.

I ordered the Elsse (TM) Premium Case High Quality Case for HP TouchPad from Amazon for $12.99. I don't know if it will work with the Touchstone but it can be used as a stand in landscape or portrait mode. The Touchstone works great as a portrait mode stand but I really don't feel like taking it on the road. The cover looks more substantial than the HP case and they include an elastic strap to keep it closed. I'll post how it works out.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I've had the Elsse (TM) Premium Case High I mentioned in the post above for a week now. It uses a metal buckle as a rotational pivot so it's definitely not compatible with the touchstone. Other than that it works well as a case and a stand for landscape and portrait. The elastic strap is permanently attached and can be used to secure the cover for holding it like a book. It's made of cheap material. Feels like cardboard covered with synthetic leather. I wouldn't expect it to hold up more than 2 years with every day use. The fit is secure and everything is accessible.