Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    This time I'm looking at this sexy iPad2 case:
    Amazon.com: Kensington Apple iPad 2 KeyFolio Pro Performance Case with wireless Bluetooth keyboard for Apple iPad 2 3G Tablet, WIFI Model, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB with different adjustable angles: Electronics

I like the case I've got now, but the problem is that the official HP Touchpad Bluetooth Keyboard isn't terribly portable, which seems to go against the nature of the tablet. The nice thing about this case is that the keyboard is built into it. Again, though, I'm not sure how well the Touchpad would fit in there. This one was specifically designed for the iPad2, which I seem to remember is slightly thinner than the original iPad, which might be even more problematic for a Touchpad.

Any thoughts? I have a friend with an iPad and a case like this (built in bluetooth keyboard; it's what gave me the idea) that I've been trying to get to let me borrow to see if my Touchpad will fit in it. Other than that I'm not sure what else to do other than order it and risk not fitting.

EDIT: See my most recent post. This one in the link below I have confirmed will fit:
    Amazon.com: iPad Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case For Apple iPad1 Wifi/3G, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod Touch, PC, Laptops, PS3 And Mobile Smart Phones: Electronics
    Last edited by Aganar; 12/07/2011 at 06:45 PM.
    There was one of these (maybe an iPad 1 ver) sitting on a shelf opened at an OfficeDepot that I was checking out yesterday. Maybe you could have a look at an OfficeDepot or OfficeMax, and if they don't have a demo unit, ask if you can try it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Oh well. Should it not work, I seem to have found this one designed specifically for the Touchpad:
    Bluetooth Keyboard Folding Folio Leather Case For HP Touchpad 9.7H 16GB 32GB New | eBay
    I was looking at the zagg folio case any ideas if that fits?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    There was one of these (maybe an iPad 1 ver) sitting on a shelf opened at an OfficeDepot that I was checking out yesterday. Maybe you could have a look at an OfficeDepot or OfficeMax, and if they don't have a demo unit, ask if you can try it.
    Took your advice on this and stopped by an OfficeDepot on the way home. The iPad2 case they had there most certainly did not fit my Touchpad in a manner that instilled confidence. I remain hopeful than an older iPad1 case will probably fit, but that rules out the one in my original link, which was iPad2 specific.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I have this cheap iPad 1 case and my TP fit perfectly. It did cover the camera but all the other ports and switches were accessible. I ended up buying the official HP case because it wouldn't work with the Touchstone.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003H0WQHU/

I would assume the TP will fit any cheap iPad 1 case since their dimensions are so close.

Here's a couple with BT Keybd.
    Amazon.com: iPad Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case For Apple iPad1 Wifi/3G, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod Touch, PC, Laptops, PS3 And Mobile Smart Phones: Electronics
    http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Built-...dp/B004CG4SLU/

Search term to use on eBay is 'ipad 1 keyboard case'

I would get the $24.99 one on Amazon that says:
    Sold by Electronik Evolution and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Anything fulfilled by Amazon is really easy to return.

Apple iPad 1: 242.8 x 189.7 x 13.4mm, 680g/730g (Wi-Fi/3G)
    HP TouchPad: 240 x 190 x 13.7mm, 740g
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    So I did end up buying this one:

Price actually went up since you recommended it. Oh well.

It arrived today. So far, I can confirm that the Touchpad does indeed fit in there. It bulges ever so slightly, but it's so minor that you really only notice when you initially put it in.

The bluetooth keyboard is working fine...in webOS. No trouble pairing. Most of the keys seem to work alright--some do nothing, but the screen button in the top-right corner acts like the home/menu button when pressed, which is handy. I can't type as well as I can on a standard keyboard, but it's certainly a cut above any virtual one. My only complaint is the placement of the "/' key, which is a row below where it usually is. I'll have to teach my fingers how to adjust to that.

Hard arrow keys are also a definite plus, although we've had a fix for that for awhile now.

Still trying to figure out why the keyboard isn't working on Android boot. This could be a deal-breaker for me, because I rarely use webOS anymore. I'm positive, though, that if webOS can do it, there must surely be a way within Android.

Compared to my other case (http://www.amazon.com/Acase-TouchPad...3304804&sr=8-1), this one will certainly increase my productivity, but it's also quite a bit bulkier to carry around (feels like I'm carrying a trapper-keeper instead of a notebook). The viewing angles are also a bit more limited compared to the Acase one (the ridges on the case there gives you like three or for angles at which you can place your Touchpad depending on how you want to view it). So I'll definitely stick with this one when going to Starbucks or at the airport, but I might keep the other one around for use at my bedside (I don't have a Touchstone), or for media playing and Netflix viewing.

Overall, though, if anyone else was hesitant about getting an iPad bluetooth keyboard case, I can confirm that this one will do the job, with caveats. I'll give it my full endorsement once I get Android covered.

EDIT: Got it working on CM7, too! Bit of an inconvenience--it involved unpairing the device then repairing it then connecting it, but I did get it working. That screen button I mentioned earlier doesn't seem to be working, though. I'm sure in time I could find a way to reprogram these keys that aren't doing anything and give them purpose.

So yes, overall, the TP fits and the keyboard works. I'm happy!
    Last edited by Aganar; 12/07/2011 at 08:19 PM.