Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    I just contacted HP support and they most certainly are not sending me a new one. I guess it's the luck of the draw. Whatever, I assume a replacement would warp too.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    It's probably down to the formula that HP used in the Plastic.. like not enough 'Silicone-elasticity-return' capability?
    New cases seem to be more reasonably priced now than the original $50 rip! So grab one (or two), sure. You never know, HP might even get the mix reformulated to stop us hassling them?
    But still, applying heat to the stretched areas and 'squidging' them back into the correct profile really does work!
    In fact I hit mine from the inside with a gas-torch type cigarette lighter in a moment of anguish ( - I DON'T recommend anyone to also do this!) and pushed the plastic back PAST it's original profile while it cooled, so that it was actually sprung in towards the TouchPad before then putting it back in the case; thus 'pre-stressing' it.
    This resulted in an extra 'tight fit' in the offending areas that have actually remained 'good' for about the last month of use anyway..

Pic attached to give encouragement!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/23/2011 at 08:43 AM.
    I also got the same warping on my TP case. It seems that we all have the same location in the case warping out...
    ...failure is NOT an option!
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    I just contacted HP support and they most certainly are not sending me a new one. I guess it's the luck of the draw. Whatever, I assume a replacement would warp too.
    I get the feeling that HP is raising the bar for warranty replacements of Touchpads and
    accessories. They used to be very nice about it, up until the beginning of October....
    then something changed....

Actually, it's not just limited to Touchpad stuff... HP personal computer and printer
    customer support have also been tightening up a bit. Probably has something to do
    with cost-cutting?
  5.    #25  
    Bought the Poetic Case and its by far a better case, looks amazing!

Poetic(TM) Stand Leather Case with for HP TouchPad 9.7 | eBay
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    My case does the same!. But it protects, and I realy love the kickstand feature.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Treo 750, Sprint Pre, WebOS napkin© "in coming months"
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTronix View Post

The Poetic case doesn't look very protective. I recently came to appreciate the HP case because my TP has taken some serious tumbles and suffered no damage.

My case is starting to warp like others, although it took me ~5mos to happen. I haven't heated it up yet. I have been thinking about getting a spare and then trying to fix this one. Like the OP I was wondering if there is a better choice.

The HP case gives us custom fit, TouchStone compatible, pretty good protection, and the easel stand. The 2 big problems I see are short life and no built in closure clasp.

So what else is out there and what are its pluses and minuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTronix View Post

Can you use the touchstone with this case?

I noticed Poetic has a case that you can actually swivel the pad while on the case that cannot be put on the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Can you use the touchstone with this case?

I noticed Poetic has a case that you can actually swivel the pad while on the case that cannot be put on the touchstone.
    It does not look like it as it looks fairly thick.

The hair drier trick works for bits that stick out on the case..does anyone have a trick to make the cover of the case not sag?
    Just buy a new one ... or a bunch. They are on sale in the UK for £5 incl P&P.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Oh good, I'm not the only one!

I mean, I'm sorry this is happening to everyone else. But between mine and my gf's, mine was the only one that had the warping at the usb end. It's not bad enough for me to justify buying a new case though...yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Just buy a new one ... or a bunch. They are on sale in the UK for £5 incl P&P.
    where from? link please
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    where from? link please
    The HP Store of course ...
    Your HP Store
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with HP, I Emailed the the proof of purchase to the rep's supervisor of my case (they initially wanted me to fax it to them, seriously?) on Thursday, and they asked me to call back today to give them a reference number. After they got the number, I gave them my shipping info, and they promised to ship me a brand new case, free of charge.

Has anybody had trouble getting a replacement case?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    I just got off the phone with HP, I Emailed the the proof of purchase to the rep's supervisor of my case (they initially wanted me to fax it to them, seriously?) on Thursday, and they asked me to call back today to give them a reference number. After they got the number, I gave them my shipping info, and they promised to ship me a brand new case, free of charge.

Has anybody had trouble getting a replacement case?
    After they "lost" two of my faxes, I gave up and uses the bathroom wall-heater to warm up the edges and curl them in. I have to say, it worked pretty well, but now they seem a bit ragged, if not from me just being to rough, then the material being crappy. It's too bad they didn't make those areas thicker, even if it resulted in the buttons being harder to press. Since the heater trick I've started using it again (alternating with the tpu case when I'm at home) and I'm starting to like it again.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    After they "lost" two of my faxes, I gave up and uses the bathroom wall-heater to warm up the edges and curl them in. I have to say, it worked pretty well, but now they seem a bit ragged, if not from me just being to rough, then the material being crappy. It's too bad they didn't make those areas thicker, even if it resulted in the buttons being harder to press. Since the heater trick I've started using it again (alternating with the tpu case when I'm at home) and I'm starting to like it again.
    Call them again and ask for an Email. I mean, seriously, not very many people own a fax machine. When I told them that I didn't own one or have access to one, they asked, "do you know a friend with one?" I said no, and they asked, "would you like me to transfer you to another department where you could order an HP fax machine?" which got me quite flustered, and the worker gave me his supervisor's Email address. I Emailed her, called back a few days later and had no problem.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Update: I got my new case today from HP, no warping yet! It came in a package labeled "Extremely Urgent". It's nice to see that HP's still offering pretty good customer support.
    My case is all warped too. Can the email be shared here or otherwise? I would like to get a replacement if HP will send one.
    Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    Call them again and ask for an Email. I mean, seriously, not very many people own a fax machine. When I told them that I didn't own one or have access to one, they asked, "do you know a friend with one?" I said no, and they asked, "would you like me to transfer you to another department where you could order an HP fax machine?" which got me quite flustered, and the worker gave me his supervisor's Email address. I Emailed her, called back a few days later and had no problem.
    *LOL*
    I find it hilarious that they really tried to sell you a fax machine so you could send them a fax...
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    My case is doing the same thing, but doesn't bother me. Though I have developed an OCD of rubbing my finger over the bump by the charge port and pushing it down. As if it's going to fix it or something.
    twbrooklyn likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast