Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By enigmo08
  1.    #1  
    This weekend I took the initiative to make a small stand to use my touchpad with the keyboard I'll be getting soon. I looked up some ideas and I read people made some with business card holders for the original iPad. Since the two tablets are similar, I thought why not, but I didn't want to scratch the casing of the touchpad while using the stand so I went to OfficeDepot and picked up a small metal card holder for about $3. Then I went to Michaels to find a soft material to line the card holder with, I found a felt material for $0.99 that felt and looked like Crocodile skin. I decided that would look nice. I picked up some Tacky glue to stick the felt to the card holder which cost another $1 and got to work. The results look and work very nicely. The stand works for landscape only, I read people who bent it to work for portrait to work as well but if you bend it the paint coating with break and expose the bare metal. After 5 minutes of measuring, cutting, and gluing I am very happy with the results that came from this and it turned out to look better than I expected.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Passenger57 and MrDroid like this.
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Great job!!

Looks very good for only $5 - Might have to attempt this tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myPad5 View Post
    Great job!!

Looks very good for only $5 - Might have to attempt this tomorrow.
    Ditto!
    does this hold the tp with the case as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    does this hold the tp with the case as well?
    Probably fine with the HP case.. other bulkier cases might start getting in the way?

Nice n' simple though!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmo08 View Post
    I looked up some ideas and I read people made some with business card holders for the original iPad. Since the two tablets are similar, I thought why not, but I didn't want to scratch the casing of the touchpad while using the stand...
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmo08 View Post
    ...The stand works for landscape only, I read people who bent it to work for portrait to work as well but if you bend it the paint coating with break and expose the bare metal.
    This is a good video but I can see what you mean about possible scratching..

Maybe it could be bent like the guy in the video does it AND use the "felt material for $0.99 that felt and looked like Crocodile skin" at Michaels...just a thought but I may try that option.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
  8.    #8  
    Sorry for the late reply, but it might not work on some folio cases, but not the ones that are too thick. If you bend it the paint starts to crack off, I'm not sure if the video shows that.