1.    #1  
    Are there any stylus (stylii ? ) out in the market that arent a large tip, ie are there any with a fine tip or do they just not work that well on Capacitive screens

Almost all of the ones I have seen for sale have a large tip that makes them almost useless
    I can't advise the mini-styluses that store in the headphone jack. I bought a cheapy-cheap one and it kills the sound/mic on my touchpad.

Have you seen the ones by Dagi? They look like they may be what you're looking for.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I suspect the previous poster actually meant this one:
    5 Pack of Touchpad Stylus Pen for 9.7" Apple iPad (Color Assorted)
    as it has a finer tip.

You might also be interested in the Cosomonaut. It's a Kickstarter project which is due to ship before Christmas.
    The Cosmonaut: A Wide-Grip Stylus for Touch Screens by Dan Provost & Tom Gerhardt — Kickstarter

Regards,

Andrew
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I contacted BoxWave early this week because I needed a stylus so my gf can sketch a little on this tablet. I settled for the one they had with the best review.

Thank you for your email! I apologize for the confusion.

However, I am happy to inform you that all of our product specific Capacitive Styluses are the exact same and will work on any capacitive screen. The units are name based on their device so that is easier to know that the unit they receive is compatible with the device they purchased it for.

You may purchase the HP TouchPad, Apple iPad or Amazon Kindle Capacitive Stylus and they would all work for your HP TouchPad.

For your convenience, I have reattached the link to our Capacitive Stylus product page:
    Amazon.com: BoxWave Capacitive Stylus for Apple iPad, iPad 2, and Amazon Kindle Fire (Jet Black): Electronics

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Best Regards,

Colin
    BoxWave Customer Service
  5.    #5  
    Yes I did mean with a fine tip instead of the large tip

Thanks for the info posted though

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Yes I did mean with a fine tip instead of the large tip

Thanks for the info posted though

Cheers
    In order for it to work with a capacitive screen the stylus needs a certain minimum tip area to achieve the required capacitance. (circle about 8mm diameter)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post

You might also be interested in the Cosomonaut. It's a Kickstarter project which is due to ship before Christmas.
    The Cosmonaut: A Wide-Grip Stylus for Touch Screens by Dan Provost & Tom Gerhardt — Kickstarter

Regards,

Andrew
    Reminds me of the AluPen. I picked one up to use with my ipod touch and consider it the best capacitive stylus on the market. It works great on the TP. I went through quite a few styli on the false assumption that thinner is better for finer control.

Reviews: Just Mobile AluPen | iLounge
    They sell for about $12 on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    In order for it to work with a capacitive screen the stylus needs a certain minimum tip area to achieve the required capacitance. (circle about 8mm diameter)
    Jot/Jot Pro makes a very fine tip stylus that fits into a disc to achieve required capacitance. They go for $20-30 and you can buy replacement discs. Adonit Jot & Jot Pro Aluminum Stylus Review - Gadget and ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_B View Post
    Jot/Jot Pro makes a very fine tip stylus that fits into a disc to achieve required capacitance. They go for $20-30 and you can buy replacement discs. Adonit Jot & Jot Pro Aluminum Stylus Review - Gadget and ...
    Looks like a good option. Thanks for the link.