1.    #1  
    Has anyone found a screen protector that doesn't negatively impact touch sensitivity? I know it's a bit of a shot in the Dark as the TP seems to have issues with most I have seen mentioned, but it would be great If someone found a material or brand thin Enough to have no noticeable impact. I'd like to get away from using the bulky custom fit case and start using my tpu case but with some screen protection.
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 11/19/2011 at 03:46 PM.
    i have a Invisible Armor or something like that, same brand I have on my iPod. Gives the screen a sort of rubbery feel, and it works great. I love it, even though i got a crap ton of junk under it. I did buy some extras from another vendor, but I haven't tried them yet.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    i have a Invisible Armor or something like that, same brand I have on my iPod. Gives the screen a sort of rubbery feel, and it works great. I love it, even though i got a crap ton of junk under it. I did buy some extras from another vendor, but I haven't tried them yet.
    I was wondering about the wet applications screen protectors myself, as I have one on my iphone. I tried acase static protectors on my TP before and they really cut down on the touch sensitivity so I'm a bit wary.
    I still have the original plastic on mine from opening the box, I havent noticed any poor sensitivity, but then I havent tried it without the protector one

I did buy some but as im still using what it came with I havent tried the ones I bought
  5.    #5  
    According to the description, this protector shouldn't affect touchscreen sensitivity: Targus Screen Protector | HP® Official Store

Has anyone used this that can corroborate this?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    According to the description, this protector shouldn't affect touchscreen sensitivity: Targus Screen Protector | HP® Official Store

Has anyone used this that can corroborate this?
    I haven't been able to find any reviews on it. I'm tempted to try it. although the fact that it is a dry installation with some sort of adhesive scares me. At least the wet ones like Zagg don't leave much of a film when removed and can be slid around to line up during installation. I'm worried that getting a dry,sticky protector on straight without dust or bubbles would be nearly impossible.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have one of the skinomi wet install protectors and I have found that it really made the TP unresponsive to touch. I really should remove it but it's a nice comfort.
    I bought this one from Amazon on sale a while back
    Amazon.com: XtremeGUARD© HP TOUCHPAD Screen Protector (Ultra CLEAR): Electronics

and just got around to installing it. I don't recommend. The plastic slows your finger down and the TP does seem less responsive.
    The $1 ipad cover I got at the dollar store and cut to shape, allowed for more response, but I did a horrible job trimming it.

Also the wet application one I bought on Amazon has a lot of bubbles underneath which did not go away. Same thing happened with the Knightshields I bought for the back protector. I was careful putting both on, but could not get the all the bubbles out, and just assumed they would dissipate. I'm going to take everything off.

If you want to temporarily protect the TP, plastic food wrap works pretty good. It sounds dumb, but it's super clear and doesn't affect responsiveness. One length will wrap around horizontally and clings well in back. I'm setting up some TP as gifts and have had the wrap around them for a week now to keep my finger prints off.