Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    After seeing the Pre3 audio stone, I kind of want to build my own Pre and TouchPad touchstones with that ability. Anyone else?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    cujoq37 and Paul_D like this.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Actually, I'd love to have a high-quality A2DP bluetooth device for connecting to my stereo. I tried the Belkin unit and the sound quality is really bad. They must be using the older lo-fi bluetooth protocol.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    i have been using the blackberry audio bluetooth gateway on my car and its nice. It can be used with home stereos as well.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  4.    #4  
    Interestingly, I got a headset that sounds absolutely terrible when I pair it to my PC, but when I pair it to my TouchPad or iPad (my Pres don't recognize it), it sounds fantastic.

I might have to do this, even though I don't currently have a sound system worth connecting anything to. I need to obtain one of those, too.

The downside, is that I'm thinking a single unit will cost about $100 or so in time/materials. If only HP had mass produced..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    speaking of i tested one of the CSR Bluetooth modules that do audio output in the touchstone frame
    http://hewball.com.au/img/CIMG0035.jpg

should give a few ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    i have been using the blackberry audio bluetooth gateway on my car and its nice. It can be used with home stereos as well.
    Same here. Mine is wired with the AUX input coming from the back of my HU, through the center console, under the cupholder. The power is routed to the plug in the center console. I start the car, and my Pre 2 connects within seconds. Keep an eye out on eBay and you can nab one for $25-30. I waited some time though, probably too much time.

Theoretically, the BB Gateways are so small that you could mount one of these on to the back of the TP TS, and attach the power cable to run along with the TS cable using electrical tape or heatshrink. The thing could basically be on all the time and plugged in to the receiver. It would also always be connected to the TP. You could basically use it as a remote, to change songs from different rooms, or outside (my parent's outdoor speaker system that I did for them comes to mind). When you're done, you can have it charging next to the rest of your nice equipment

Also, hop on eBay as there are some even smaller BT audio devices that you clip on your belt. I just don't know how the audio quality or range is compared to the BB one. I have both, the eBay one just didn't work right for me at the time. This one is REALLY tiny, and has play/pause/volume/next/etc on it. But might be worth it for testing. I'll have to pull it out and play with it to see one of these days...
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Same here. Mine is wired with the AUX input coming from the back of my HU, through the center console, under the cupholder. The power is routed to the plug in the center console. I start the car, and my Pre 2 connects within seconds. Keep an eye out on eBay and you can nab one for $25-30. I waited some time though, probably too much time.

Theoretically, the BB Gateways are so small that you could mount one of these on to the back of the TP TS, and attach the power cable to run along with the TS cable using electrical tape or heatshrink. The thing could basically be on all the time and plugged in to the receiver. It would also always be connected to the TP. You could basically use it as a remote, to change songs from different rooms, or outside (my parent's outdoor speaker system that I did for them comes to mind). When you're done, you can have it charging next to the rest of your nice equipment

Also, hop on eBay as there are some even smaller BT audio devices that you clip on your belt. I just don't know how the audio quality or range is compared to the BB one. I have both, the eBay one just didn't work right for me at the time. This one is REALLY tiny, and has play/pause/volume/next/etc on it. But might be worth it for testing. I'll have to pull it out and play with it to see one of these days...
    I have an audiovox one I got from Amazon for a decent price. Works well, don't think the range is great (use it at my desk at work and in car). It does the job, but probably wouldn't be great quality on my home system, does okay in the car, but not as good as being plugged in (not as much depth in the sound especially the bass).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I have an audiovox one I got from Amazon for a decent price. Works well, don't think the range is great (use it at my desk at work and in car). It does the job, but probably wouldn't be great quality on my home system, does okay in the car, but not as good as being plugged in (not as much depth in the sound especially the bass).
    Can't quote on the range on the BB one either. I'll have to pull it out of my car and try it if anyone is curious. That's the potential downside to the wireless-ness of the setup. Also, these things can run very expensive. I liked the BB one because it was cheap, when they were cheap. You're definitely right about being plugged in vs over BT, I'm sure the quality is MUCH better plugged in, but it's something else to play with. I'll have to grab it tomorrow and mess around to see how well it works.
    Does anyone know if you can use the Pre to control the TouchPad? I would love to have my TouchPad as the main source of music through a gateway (Pandora, Slacker, or on device music) and be able to change the song from anywhere with my Pre 3.