Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fsanty
  1.    #1  
    I found my BB Torch 9800 Holster laying around and gave it a go. Fits awesome but I am not big on the whole holster idea so I got the Pocket ( Pouch ) version of the same case for 30 bucks. Might even be cheaper where you are. I found mine at Futureshop, which is samething as BestBuy.

Note: The Pocket seemed to be a bit tight, but its lossening up already and fits better, though I will mention that I put my Pre 3 in facing outwards and upside down. It ended up fitting much better, on a plus side I can see the notifications LED when its in this orientation.

Pics: Attatched.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thank Neonn
    This pocket pouch is my favourite too.
    When I first tried it in the shop it seemed a tight fit, but after a couple of months it eases to just right. Firm enough to hold the Pre3 without it falling out if upside down, as a similar case did for my previous Nokia E71.

My method of removal is to hold the case in the palm of my left hand (I'm right handed) and then push the lower edge of the case with my right thumb. This eases the phone out far enough to get a grip on the straight sides rather than the rounded ends. Again, a little firm initially, but loosens up nicely after a few weeks.

If people ask about the phone I tell 'em it's a next generation Blackberry that I am testing :-))

I bought a Lowepro "Stockholm 20" recently for attachment to a belt. Pre3 is an easy fit and the Velcro style closure is strong enough to stop it escaping. Slight downside is that the loop attachment is made for a 2inch (5cm) belt and as my belts are all about 1inch it tended to ride up and then become top heavy.
    Soon rectified with a short row of heavy duty stitches.

Originally bought a Terrapin case, but as others have indicated, this is too large a fit and makes the Pre3 appear much larger.
    This case is currently with a local leather craftsman friend who is trying to copy the BB9800 construction - I'll probably get it back as a Xmas present.
    pretty cool. I got a clear Skinomi on Amazon. The edges of the backplate are a bit of a *****, but overall I think it does a good job. The big downside is the smooth cheap plastic feel vs the nice rubbery natural finish of the device.
    Touchpad 16GB
    Pre3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Is there any good belt clip cases for the pre 3?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    This one is quite good Lowepro - Santiago 20. It saved my Pre while I feld down from my bike yesterday.
    Regards,
    Krecony
    For those of you interested in a custom-made leather case for you beloved HP Pre3, I suggest you take a look on the following page: PDair HP Pre 3 Accessories | Cover - Free Worldwide Shipping.

They seem to sell good-looking cases, I might buy one if the BB case a friend of mine is supposed to give me does not fit.
    gbp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fsanty View Post
    For those of you interested in a custom-made leather case for you beloved HP Pre3, I suggest you take a look on the following page: PDair HP Pre 3 Accessories | Cover - Free Worldwide Shipping.

They seem to sell good-looking cases, I might buy one if the BB case a friend of mine is supposed to give me does not fit.
    Thanks for the link that just might do it!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    I bought this one ... eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices ... it fits the Pre 3 well and seems to be good quality leather ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fsanty View Post

I forgot about these guys. They do make some very good cases along w/ some luxurious stuff from Piel Frama and Vaja Cases (check out that red-on-black Pre/ Pre2 case at Vaja... friggin sick!).

I spent hundreds there on Palm Tungsten cases back in the day. Funny, but I dont think I'd do the same today if I committed to a Pre3 for e.g. Is it me, or the fact that cases are not really 'shown off' as a statement anymore?

PF for Pre/Pre2

Pre3 cases seem to be MIA at both sites; maybe we can fire off an email or two?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I picked up this case based on a recommendation from another thread:

Amazon.com: Amzer Perfect Fashion Pouch Slide-In Soft Case - Onyx Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's slightly longer than the Pre3, but the material is flexible and the case doesn't feel bulky at all -- happy with it thus far!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Bought the PDair Flip Top Case on Ebay. Nice case, very well made. Wasn't sure the phone would stay in it, but the sides can be bent and that sorted it.

Tested throwing it at the bed with flap open and closed a number of times and the phone never popped out the case once.
    I already did- Piel Frama said they will gladly make a Pre 3 case if someone will volunteer their phone to them for 3 days. I was hoping someone in Italy would volunteer- shipping my phone from the US to there doesn't sound too appealing....
    I use to love Vaja cases when I had my Treo 650. i dropped by phone so many times it was not funny but with vaja case my treo phone was in pristine condition for 3 years until I gave phone away to a friend. I had at least two treo 650 cases in different colors and got my friends that had treo to get the cases as well. To me Vaja started going down hill with Palm phones when they came out with Centro case that had no front cover and only a partially covered back.

the Pre case that they came out with is just horrible especially when you look at the cases that they have for iphone and android phones on that site.

a case that i would like Vaja to design? create Pre3 version of Covertec Flip Case that was made for Pre/Pre+ but better quality ...
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I have been using Fortte cases for 3 Palm phones now. Very durable. I bought one for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 since the dimensions were comparable to the Pre3. I find that placing the phone screen out inside the case is less traumatic on the buttons.

Leather case for Blackberry Torch 9800,9810 Blackberry Torch 9800,9810 Lateral Pouch