1.    #1  
    So I have the HP Pre 3 now since yesterday and it friggin' rocks! But I want the Touchstone also (already have the TP touchstone).
    But the HP Pre 3 Touchstone is kinda expensive (about 30-40) while the old Touchstone (for the Pre 1/2) is only between 6 and 20.
    So I was wondering: can I use the Pre 3 on the old Touchstone or will that give problems or missing features or ... ?
    I'm pretty sure there are no Pre3 specific touchstones around so they will end up being the same thing. The Pre3 doesn't sit so tightly on the old-style touchstone and I think the intention was to make a newer one which included audio circuits via BT but these never went on sale. Good luck trying to find one...

Meanwhile the old ones work just fine although the Pre3 rocks a little due to the different back shape. Some people have made mods to the touchstone to make it fit better - see the other threads on this subject but for normal desktop use this isn't really needed.
  3.    #3  
    Well, I do see a HP-branded box for the Touchstone here: HP PALM PRE 3 SMARTPHONE 4G + FREE TOUCHSTONE~ UNLOCKED~ SEALED BRAND NEW | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOUCHSTONE-C...item43a974fdb8

which implies to me that there is a Pre 3-optimized one. Or is it just a normal Touchstone branded with HP Logo?

Thanks anyway
  4.    #4  
    The linked Touchstone (see post above this one) looks indeed somewhat flatter and smaller. Is it really the same old TS in a new box with different branding?
    That does look just like hte two touchstones I just bought on Amazon for $6 a piece.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    The linked Touchstone (see post above this one) looks indeed somewhat flatter and smaller. Is it really the same old TS in a new box with different branding?
    Yes, I recieve one when I purchased my Pre 3 on ebay.
  7.    #7  
    So it is the same but with different branding, you say?
    Here is a thread with pics of the Pre 3 Touchstone:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...f=325&t=307081
    I see pandas.