Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gergev
  1.    #1  
    I purchased an Ultra blue tooth music gateway from my local comp usa the other day for $50.(they only had two in stock) In about 5 min I had it hooked up to my home stereo and was streaming my music on my TP and radio stations to my home stereo. The sound was top notch and covered my 1500 ft sq house with ease. Only draw back was the units RCA line level output is a little low. That, combined the TP's low audio output, made the max sound level less than house rocking. It is good 90% of the time until a song you really like comes on. Those of you with the volume mod on your TP should be ok. Look for it in the small computer speaker section of the store and do not expect the store employees to be able to find it. It is a TP "must have" in my house!!!
    Last edited by Eric 32gb; 11/02/2011 at 07:12 PM.
  2. #2  
    I have the Belkin I31 and it works great. I made a 5V USB power cable for it and I can use it in the car too. It connects automatically.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Awats View Post
    I have the Belkin I31 and it works great. I made a 5V USB power cable for it and I can use it in the car too. It connects automatically.
    sweet on the car adapter. My car has blue tooth so I'm good to go there. I believe there Is a simple mod for the small square belkin unit if that is the one you have. It gives it 3x distance coverage. It is up on youtube and all you do is remove a steel plate in the bottom of the unit.
  4. #4  
    You can read up on them at Anythingbutipod.com

    The ones that I think look the best are battery operated and are hand made to fit inside Altoids cases. You can eBay search for them too using the term CMOY.

    cmoy | eBay

    The DIY'ers can find kits out there too or even instructions on how to build them. Apparently the sound is top-notch.

    I want one myself...
  5. #5  
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

    Works great with the TP. Mine was $21.69 shipped.
    Last edited by gergev; 11/09/2011 at 05:59 PM.
    rick90680 likes this.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric 32gb View Post
    sweet on the car adapter. My car has blue tooth so I'm good to go there. I believe there Is a simple mod for the small square belkin unit if that is the one you have. It gives it 3x distance coverage. It is up on youtube and all you do is remove a steel plate in the bottom of the unit.
    I tried this and can't say it improved the range at all. I can go plenty far enough from the receiver and the signal is steady leaving the weight in there. I'm pretty happy with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

    Works great with the TP. Mine was $21.69 shipped.
    I need to grab a couple of these!

Posting Permissions