1.    #1  
    I have a ******* white carbon fiber skin on the back of my Touchapd. Bought it directly from the manufacturer's website for $35 back in the beginning of September.(yes, I know... I was stupid to pay so much)

It usually sits on the Touchstone charger during most of the day. I recently noticed that the area around the "HP" logo on the back has been bulging up, creating a round/oval-shaped bubble. It's not that bad and I managed to push it away by lifting up half of the white carbon fiber skin. However, it came back again yesterady. This time around, the skin showed a "stretch marks" from being lifted up again to remove the bubble.

I emailed the manufacturer and they blamed it on me. They said I shouldn't have left the Touchpad on the Touchstone after charging is done. (which usually takes around 5 or 6 hours) I responded by saying that HP clearely stated that it was okay to leave it on the Touchstone even after chargin is complete.

Who is right here? I wouldn't have cared if it was a $5 skin, but they sold it to me for $35 and I should expect it to be a reasonable reliable product, no?
    <thread moved>

Is this a skin with the cutout for the HP logo or one without a cutout? I doubt it's the TS directly, as the majority of the heat would come from the actual charging, not just sitting there at 100%.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    I have a ******* white carbon fiber skin on the back of my Touchapd. Bought it directly from the manufacturer's website for $35 back in the beginning of September.(yes, I know... I was stupid to pay so much)

It usually sits on the Touchstone charger during most of the day. I recently noticed that the area around the "HP" logo on the back has been bulging up, creating a round/oval-shaped bubble. It's not that bad and I managed to push it away by lifting up half of the white carbon fiber skin. However, it came back again yesterady. This time around, the skin showed a "stretch marks" from being lifted up again to remove the bubble.

I emailed the manufacturer and they blamed it on me. They said I shouldn't have left the Touchpad on the Touchstone after charging is done. (which usually takes around 5 or 6 hours) I responded by saying that HP clearely stated that it was okay to leave it on the Touchstone even after chargin is complete.

Who is right here? I wouldn't have cared if it was a $5 skin, but they sold it to me for $35 and I should expect it to be a reasonable reliable product, no?
    Use a hair dryer on low to shrink the stretch marks back in to place. I have done that several times when changing decalgirl skins on my items and works fine.
    Palm M125-M130-M500-M515-Tungsten T3-Palm Pixi Plus/Pageplus
    HP Touchpad 32gb rec'd 10/26