webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > HP Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - pairing code ?
HP Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - pairing code ?
Like Tree1Likes

Old 10/30/2011, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

am trying to pair my (excellent) HP Bluetooth TP keyboard to other devices and they always ask for a numeric code. Anyone know if there is a generic code I should be using ? Connection to TP works seamlessly....

thanks in advance !
cavanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2011, 06:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You should be able to enter 0000 and hit Return on the keyboard to pair it

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2011, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
You should be able to enter 0000 and hit Return on the keyboard to pair it

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work for me pairing a blackberry bold with the TP Bluetooth keyboard.
Old 10/30/2011, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

If the Blackberry is telling you to enter a specific code, then enter that, followed by hitting Return on the keyboard. You may need to flip the switch back and forth on the touchpad keyboard, to get it to repair too.

I've done this with a PC, with an iPod Touch, and with Android on my TouchPad.

Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2011, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

I can't seem to pair the TouchPad Bluetooth keyboard to my Pre3, either. I tried passkey "0000" but it didn't work. Anyone else have an idea?
Old 11/02/2011, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Can you just enter a number on the keyboard then enter the same (4 digit) number on the other device? Or vice versa. . . It's something like that, I think.
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2011, 05:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Make sure the HP Bluetooth Touchpad keyboard is not already paired to a different device.
dna550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2011, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna550 View Post
Make sure the HP Bluetooth Touchpad keyboard is not already paired to a different device.
I pulled the batteries then put them back to reset it when I wanted to pair mine with something else.
texasflood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2011, 07:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

many thanks everyone for suggestions, will retry when I have the keyboard to hand
Old 11/02/2011, 07:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

1234 may also work, I've seen it here and there.
Old 11/03/2011, 12:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

got mine last night, paired it with HPTP no problem, no passkey needed. I also tried to pair with a Gateway BT mouse and it kept asking for a passkey where the manual says it doesn't need one I tried entering anything and still a no go, probably just not compatible.
cam123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2011, 05:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavanap View Post
am trying to pair my (excellent) HP Bluetooth TP keyboard to other devices
Old 12/20/2011, 02:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

How do I pair the HP Touchpad Wireless Keyborad to my laptop? I know it has built-in Bluetooth, but can't figure out how to make it find my keyboard :/
dbG33K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2012, 11:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

So I had the same problem, pairing my HP Keyboard to my Pre 3. I entered 0000 and it didn't work. I pulled the battery. Put them back in. I tried it a second time, and it worked. No idea why, but my keyboard is now paried with my Pre 3.
Vociferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2012, 09:44 AM   #15 (permalink)

There is a great deal on HP Bluetooth Keyboard on Buy.com, $19.99 and free shipping I think, so I wondered about whether you can pair and use the keyboard with a Pre2? I am running it on webOS 2.1.

Oh, and an earlier post by eblade...he (she?) said "repair the keyboard" and I thought..."Is it broken?" and I was serious...more coffee needed here...

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2012, 12:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

Should pair with a Pre2 (honestly can't remember if I have done it) but I know I have paired it to at least 1 phone at some point
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2012, 12:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Should pair with a Pre2 (honestly can't remember if I have done it) but I know I have paired it to at least 1 phone at some point
I think I saw that someone paired it with their Mac Mini...I think it was the review of the keyboard on the Buy.com

Buy.com - HP TouchPad Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard

That said, I have a little more hope that it might work. I still would like to hear someone tell me that they have done it already!

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2012, 05:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

Here's how to do it for any device besides TP: Turn on bluetooth on your device, get to "add device":. Turn on BT Keyboard, wait for your device to discover the keyboard, add it, and when you get to the pairing screen, type any four numbers and press Return ON THE KEYBOARD. Now type the same four numbers in the pairing code box on your device, hit enter, OK or whatever you need to enter the code, and voila - your device is paired to the keyboard.
Old 10/24/2012, 06:00 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shneor View Post
Here's how to do it for any device besides TP: Turn on bluetooth on your device, get to "add device":. Turn on BT Keyboard, wait for your device to discover the keyboard, add it, and when you get to the pairing screen, type any four numbers and press Return ON THE KEYBOARD. Now type the same four numbers in the pairing code box on your device, hit enter, OK or whatever you need to enter the code, and voila - your device is paired to the keyboard.
actually, it's the other way around. Type "000" in the Pre3 first, then "000+enter" on the keyboard.
Darkgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked By: Rnp
Old 10/26/2012, 12:36 PM   #20 (permalink)

I have paired my HP BLuetooth keyboard, to my laptop and to another iphone using 1234

I hope this helps
sgcheco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kb bluetooth pairing

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0