View Poll Results: Is custom case a good idea?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, that would be great...

2 50.00%
  • No...

2 50.00%
  • If anything happens, I'll send it to hp for repair

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    hey everyone, my first post here on the forum. I was reading threads about cracks in the touchpad's case, and was wondering if it's possible to swap the case for a custom one, made from stronger plastic or even perhaps aluminum. Could it be achieved by diy and would those cases ever be available?

I have no cracks in my case yet, but I think it might happen eventually, so with the new case my touchpad would live longer. I've had no prior experience with webos, I bought it on firesale, but I love it, it's just awesome.
    I wouldn't worry about it. I mean, especially for the price we paid, I would be glad if I get 2-3 good years of service out of this tablet. By then, we'll have much better machines.
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by user175 View Post
    hey everyone, my first post here on the forum. I was reading threads about cracks in the touchpad's case, and was wondering if it's possible to swap the case for a custom one, made from stronger plastic or even perhaps aluminum. Could it be achieved by diy and would those cases ever be available?

I have no cracks in my case yet, but I think it might happen eventually, so with the new case my touchpad would live longer. I've had no prior experience with webos, I bought it on firesale, but I love it, it's just awesome.
    My initial thought was how aluminum would affect WiFi and Bluetooth signals? Then you have to think about how much it would cost to precision machine an aluminum case or mold a new plastic one. You'd almost be better off fiberglassing over the original case if you're looking for strength and durability
  5.    #5  
    that's what I've thinking, there isn't enough demand for these cases, it will be to expensive to produce and sell them... But still... :-)
    Last edited by user175; 11/01/2011 at 02:22 AM.