Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Hiya,

Been using my Touchpad with Touchstone and iLuv faux leather case for weeks now without issue. Charged with the case on fine.
    Now it doesnt . Have to remove Touchpad from the case to charge with Touchstone.
    Seems the charging signal is not strong enough.
    The iLuv case is very thin so I don't know what's changed.

Any help appreciated.

MD
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I have a leather case for quite a while and has always charged just fine. Now after 3.0.4, it does not charge through the case.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philwil View Post
    I have a leather case for quite a while and has always charged just fine. Now after 3.0.4, it does not charge through the case.
    Ahhhh, good spot.
    Yes I have just had the 3.0.4 upgrade too. Same issue for me it seems. So have they done something to the inductive charging f/w in the touchpad I wonder.
    I experienced the same issue after the 3.0.4 update. Charged fine thru the case before the update, have to remove it from it's case after the update. PUT IT BACK PLEASE!
    yup seems like a common problem with the upgrade
    Contact the webOS Butler and open a service request. Tell them it is a known issue and you want to be elevated to level 3. (Do not let them tell you to doctor the device--there is nothing wrong but changed software from the update.) A level 3 engineer may ask you to send in a log from your TP--they are trying to isolate the issue.

The more people that contact HP, the more information they should have to fix the problem--and hopefully, they will fix it more quickly if a lot of people contact them! Don't forget to tell them what type of case you are using, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post
    Contact the webOS Butler and open a service request. Tell them it is a known issue and you want to be elevated to level 3. (Do not let them tell you to doctor the device--there is nothing wrong but changed software from the update.) A level 3 engineer may ask you to send in a log from your TP--they are trying to isolate the issue.

The more people that contact HP, the more information they should have to fix the problem--and hopefully, they will fix it more quickly if a lot of people contact them! Don't forget to tell them what type of case you are using, too.
    thanks and done
    I'm experiencing the same thing using my Truss case. What's interesting is even when I'm running CM7 I cannot charge my TP while in the case. So it's not a Luna issue, 3.0.4 must have been more then just a software update.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post

Thanks, I did this too.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    The Touchstone works with my new TP after the upgrade and through the case. I have the thin matte plastic case made by HP though, not a leather one.
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    Good, I'm not crazy, at least about the update. I have acase folio case with stand and before update I could charge it in portrait direction which meant it was going thru double case layer or landscape. Now it just charges in landscape with flap drapped over touchstone, thru only single layer of case. I'll contact also.

Thanks
    I'll contact as well, but is there any preware patch to 'fix' this?
    I just got off of the phone with support. He acknowledged this is a known issue and collected logs from my Touchpad.

I have also noticed that my TP now goes into Exhibition mode when charging with the cord, but only if I have first put the TP on my TS. For example-if it restart the TP then plug in the charging cord the screen goes to sleep during charging. However, if I restart the TP, sit it down on the TS (getting no response on the TP) then take it off the TS and plug in the cord the screen goes to Exhibition. This seems to persist until the TP is restarted.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bandman View Post
    I just got off of the phone with support. He acknowledged this is a known issue and collected logs from my Touchpad.
    I know this is a "how-long-is-a-piece-of-string" question for support (I work in an IT Support dept, so get these a lot) but did the guy indicate when or how this was going to be fixed, i.e. in the next point release of WebOS (should there ever be one) or never?
    On that subject, has anyone any indication when, or if, HP will be releasing another update to WebOS? If not then we are stuck with this issue until someone with the right skills can reverse engineer something for release via Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandman View Post
    I have also noticed that my TP now goes into Exhibition mode when charging with the cord, but only if I have first put the TP on my TS. For example-if it restart the TP then plug in the charging cord the screen goes to sleep during charging. However, if I restart the TP, sit it down on the TS (getting no response on the TP) then take it off the TS and plug in the cord the screen goes to Exhibition. This seems to persist until the TP is restarted.
    Haven't seen this - will try later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by KayLoc3 View Post
    Good, I'm not crazy, at least about the update. I have acase folio case with stand and before update I could charge it in portrait direction which meant it was going thru double case layer or landscape. Now it just charges in landscape with flap drapped over touchstone, thru only single layer of case. I'll contact also.

Thanks
    Which acase folio do you have--the first link or the second?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/Acase-TouchPad...bosnation0e-20
    Quote Originally Posted by meggiedude View Post
    I know this is a "how-long-is-a-piece-of-string" question for support (I work in an IT Support dept, so get these a lot) but did the guy indicate when or how this was going to be fixed, i.e. in the next point release of WebOS (should there ever be one) or never?
    I am trying to remember how he worded it and can't come up with it exactly. He seemed to imply they were aware of the issue and it would be addressed and I would be told when it happened. However, he might have said they were aware of the issue and if it was fixed I would be told.