1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

Looking for a car headrest mount but I've only got one touchpad and two kids in the back seat. Any recommendations on one that sits in between the front seats? I've seen them for the iPad, but couldn't find one for the Touchpad. Thanks!
    Unless it is molded to fit the iPad in a clip-on fashion most iPad holder will work for the TP. PM me a link to an iPad holder and I'll see if I can figure out if it would work.

In any case if the holder is a squeeze claw like type it will work.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

Quote Originally Posted by dodgebruce View Post
    Hi guys,

Looking for a car headrest mount but I've only got one touchpad and two kids in the back seat. Any recommendations on one that sits in between the front seats? I've seen them for the iPad, but couldn't find one for the Touchpad. Thanks!
    If you can find one that fits the iPad 1, it will likely work. I doubt that you are going to be able to find one specific to the TP. I used a case from my iPad 1 before the TP cases were available and it was a near perfect fit.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICKV View Post
    Unless it is molded to fit the iPad in a clip-on fashion most iPad holder will work for the TP. PM me a link to an iPad holder and I'll see if I can figure out if it would work.

In any case if the holder is a squeeze claw like type it will work.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by fellowman39047 View Post
    If you can find one that fits the iPad 1, it will likely work. I doubt that you are going to be able to find one specific to the TP. I used a case from my iPad 1 before the TP cases were available and it was a near perfect fit.
    Thanks guys for the quick response!!!

Rick, what do you mean by squeeze claw?

Here are the links to the ones I had found for the iPad (and one is for Touchpad as well):

http://www.amazon.com/Gripdaddy-v2AR...bosnation0e-20

CES 2011 – New iPad Car Mounts from GripDaddy | PadGadget

My issues are also with pricing - I was hoping for something in the $20-30 price range as opposed to the $60-80 price range that those are.

CoulVue Car Headrest Mount for iPad

I might be resigned to this one:

http://www.amazon.com/NeoFlex-Viewin...bosnation0e-20

Thanks!
    I got the Griffin Cinema Seat for iPad from Verizon for $4.97. It seems to work pretty good for my car. The strap on the back is a little short, so it might be a tight fit, but it works great in my car.

Griffin Cinema Seat For IPad | Verizon Wireless

They also ship it free using 2-day FEDEX.
    This is an example of what I mean by squeeze claws...
    Car Headrest Mount Holder Stand fr TV/DVD/GPS/Tablet PC | eBay

As you can see there are some very cheap solution available on ebay. I have a mount for the Windshield and 2 for the Headrests. (Since both my wife and I have a TP we have one for each kid in the back)...

I have not found a center mount solution on ebay though. The only thing I would warn you about is the holding system to the headrest poles. I drive a Ford Escape and the Headrest poles are too big for the original clamps. I simply install them with a set of U-Bolts which is in fact stronger than the original system.

Also if you buy a plastic based system, don't leave it in the car. The shifts in temperature will harden the plastic and render it brittle. I used to have a DVD system holder and within 1 summer they were broken for the plastic did not last.

I know of a few company that make mounts systems that can be adapted in many ways but these solutions ain't cheap as the ones you found.

Arkon makes very good products with plastic that withstands temperature shifts. For smaller hone mounts I like ProClip, which is non-intrusive (no need to drill wholes they leverage the spaces between dash parts to clip-on). They do have a solution for the iPad but it is specifically designed for it and may not hold the device in place properly.

Do a Google search on "Tablet car mount" and pick something fairly universal. You should be fine.

The NeoFlex and Griffin pouches will definitely work. However I don,t know if the Griffin one has the proper harness for in between the seat mount.

Hope this helps
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Its not temperature changes that render it brittle, it is the UV light from the sun that breaks plastic down