1.    #1  
    So my HP OEM case is starting to get loose and there is a ripple above the usb connection. I would like to replace it with a case but don't want to have to remove it to use the touchstone charger.

Has anybody come across a case that is compatible with the touchstone other than the HP case?
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I have not found any at this point in time. However, I have bought a very slick Leather case that also allows for using the TP in Portrait mode just by pivoting the case. Probably a iPad case marketed to fit the TP but in any cases it really fits like a glove.

The nice thing about this case is that the TP is quite easy to take out and put on the TouchStone (just a velcro, and you slide it out).

This is the best alternative I have found so far. For 15$ with Free shipping on ebay can't go badly wrong.

Search for TouchPad 360 leather case and you should find it.

Hope this helps
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

3.    #3  
    Thanks, I am really looking for one that I don't have to take off for the TS but if I can't find one this might do.
    Verizon wireless is having a sale for their Technocel Folio Case - Molded Back, Black Leather.
    You'll have to pick iPad as your device before they'll let you put it in your cart, but not a bad case for $5 with free 2-Day shipping (Their picture is wrong, it really looks like this), and from what I hear in this thread, it works fine with the Touchstone.
    Mine's coming in tomorrow, I'd confirm the Touchstone compatibility if I had one, but oh well.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I bought a Griffin iPad case from Verizon. Fits pretty good, but you do need to make camera and Mic holes a little bigger. And it works with my touchstone.
    Also bought a Sena zippered IPad case and it also works with my touchstone.

And I do have an HP case as well (works with touchstone also!)

The zippered case is nice for travel as it has padding and when zipped holds the touchpad more securely. But I like the griffin cases best.
    The Touchpad TPU shell cases work with a Touchstone. They are thin on protection, but they definitely aren't bulky if that's your thing.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rketplace.html
    Quote Originally Posted by tweak42 View Post
    The Touchpad TPU shell cases work with a Touchstone. They are thin on protection, but they definitely aren't bulky if that's your thing.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rketplace.html
    Is there anything protecting the front with that case?

I've got two HP cases (one ordered somewhat accidentally, but I figured i'd keep it just in case). The first one is starting to warp a bit in the upper right button area, and over the USB port. I'm open to alternatives, but I love how this converts into a stand and is TouchStone compatible.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Acase Transformer
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilywyrm View Post
    Verizon wireless is having a sale for their Technocel Folio Case - Molded Back, Black Leather.
    You'll have to pick iPad as your device before they'll let you put it in your cart, but not a bad case for $5 with free 2-Day shipping (Their picture is wrong, it really looks like this), and from what I hear in this thread, it works fine with the Touchstone.
    Mine's coming in tomorrow, I'd confirm the Touchstone compatibility if I had one, but oh well.
    I have this case, bought after my OEM case had the same USB bump the OP has. It offers good protection, a good fit (after following the hair dryer mod in the accessories thread) and works fine on the Touchstone. I quite like using it, more than I thought when it sat in my trunk in the box for a month. Can't go wrong for the price.
    My Palm history.
    Sony Clie', Treo 650, Treo700p, Centro, Treo 800w, Palm Pre, Touchpad
    The Acase leather Folio Case Cover w/ Infinite Stand for TP works in landscape w/ touchstone if you hang flap over the back of touchstone. It has been very sturdy so far, looks nice and stays shut with ? hidden magnets.
    Quote Originally Posted by KayLoc3 View Post
    The Acase leather Folio Case Cover w/ Infinite Stand for TP works in landscape w/ touchstone if you hang flap over the back of touchstone. It has been very sturdy so far, looks nice and stays shut with ? hidden magnets.
    How much bulk does that add to the TP? It looks noticeably bigger than the OEM case seeing as it even covers the front of the screen somewhat.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilywyrm View Post
    I have this case and a TouchStone and I can confirm that the TP charges on the TS while in the case. I charge it overnight and the case feels a bit warm but not significantly so. I place the TP on the TS with the open flap down, then the HP bluetooth keyboard on the flap.
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    Interesting... looks just like the Technocel case I purchased through Verizon for $5 (and mentioned in other posts on this thread). The Technocel is made from leather however, but is made for the iPad and requires a bit of modification (heating of the clips to bend them to better fit the TP).
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    How much bulk does that add to the TP? It looks noticeably bigger than the OEM case seeing as it even covers the front of the screen somewhat.
    The Acase ,landscape only, leather folio infinite stand case closed with TP is slightly padded and 1" thick. I also got one of the rotating portrait to landscape generic cases and it is so cheap compared to the Acase. both were under $ 20 inc shipping. I never put on the rotating case to know if it works with touchstone or not.