Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Incase Origami Workstation for iPad and Apple Wireless Keyboard

Ok, this is designed for the iPad Wireless keyboard, but since the HP Bluetooth wireless Keyboard is nearly identical to the Apple iMac wireless keyboard, the Incase Workstation is the first case for the HP BT Wireless Keyboard that I have seen.

The fact that it is a foldable workstation is icing on the cake.

1. Lightweight case for Apple Wireless Keyboard
    2. Folds into stand for iPad
    3. Offers horizontal and vertical iPad viewing
    4. Secure snap-in keyboard attachment
    5. Velcro tabs for easy closure and stand setup

Now, it does cost about the same as the firesale price of the HP BT Keyboard, but having travelled with the keyboard I know it needs some protection when not in use.

Well, this is the case for that Keyboard

Incase Origami Workstation for iPad and Apple Wireless Keyboard Reviews: | iLounge Reviews: Incase Origami Workstation for iPad and Apple Wireless Keyboard | iLounge

We've seen literally hundreds of iPad and iPad 2 cases over the past year, but this is certainly a first: Incase's Origami Workstation for iPad and Apple Wireless Keyboard ($30) is a case made specifically for Apple's Bluetooth keyboard.

Rather than just protecting the battery-powered, metal and plastic keyboard, Origami also transforms into a stand for either generation of iPad.

This is a novel idea and actually works out pretty well -- a nice alternative for people who use cases without integrated stands, and for fans of Apple's best iPad typing accessory.

When Origami is open, the corners of the top half fold backwards and connect to each other with the Velcro, forming a sturdy stand to rest the iPad or iPad 2 on.

The gap between the plastic clips and the stand provides the right amount of space so that either tablet stands at an angle similar to that of a notebook computer’s screen.

You can also place either iPad in landscape or portrait orientation as you prefer; both are properly supported by Origami’s frame.

Incase’s Origami turns out to be a very practical solution when used with an iPad in a shell or other case without a built in stand—in fact, this review was written using Origami and the Wireless Keyboard together.

There’s certainly value in an accessory that offers both an iPad stand and travel-ready protection for Apple’s keyboard without adding much bulk, so although the $30 asking price is a bit steep given what’s included here, it’s not totally out of the ballpark.

Overall, this is a good solution for iPad users with on-the-go keyboard needs, and worthy of our general recommendation.

HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard HP® Official Store HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard | HP® Official Store

I found this at Target, but it is also available at the Apple Store

If you want to write a lot using your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, you should use an external keyboard.

But then you need both a case to store said keyboard and a stand for your iDevice to easily see what you're writing.

This "workstation" is both. Yes, it's thin plastic that would not protect your keyboard that much from a 3 foot fall onto concrete, but if you're dropping the Apple wireless keyboard onto concrete, you've got other issues.

The tradeoff is a lightweight, thin cover that doubles as a stand, not just for iPads, but also iPhones and iPod Touches if you really want to be mobile without carrying an iPad.

Highly recommended to provide the writer in you no excuse to get that book or article done.

I love this workstation. It protects my keyboard in my bag and it is an awesome stand for resting the iPad while typing.

It simply works.

Origami Workstation for iPad and Wireless Keyboard by Incase

Origami Workstation for iPad and Wireless Keyboard by Incase
    Last edited by dna550; 10/09/2011 at 10:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Hi just logged on to Precentral to ask about this. Do you have any pictures of the HP keyboard in the origami workstation? I would love to see how it looks and whether it is a near identical fit. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I fully expected to purchase this item today, but just in case the HP TouchPad keyboard didn't fit I took my keyboard and camera to Target to "try it on."

So far so good:

Now to fold the case and see what happens.

So, it sorta fits in the case, but you can tell it isn't a snug fit.

But then I look inside the case and on the back of the keyboard and see that the case has left a mark on the battery cover.

This is a close, but no cigar.

I considered how the case could be modified to better fit the HP Keyboard. But at this price, I decided not to bother.

It should fit like this.

Apologies for the blurry photos,
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    thanks! so i guess no case for now =*(
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    My lady just wanted a case so I gave her the soft cloth bag that my Go board game came in but cunningly told her it was a keyboard bag. So she loves it and it works great, well padded, velvety, fits almost perfect(maybe an inch too long, perfect width) I assume they still sell the same Go set at Toys R Us, it's about 30$ but you also get an awesome new game
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"