1.    #1  
    I just got a Touchstone charger for my Touchpad today. If you are looking for one, check the clearance section of your local office stores. I found one at a local Officemax and grabbed it as soon as I saw it. It was $50, but Officemax is running a promotion now for 25% in bonus Maxperks rewards on almost anything that isn't a computer, tablet, or e-reader (this week only, details here:OfficeMax Office Supplies - Seasonal Promotion Page) so it works out to about $37.50 after rewards. Exhibition mode is nice and placing the Touchpad on a Touchstone is easier than plugging in the USB cable in my opinion.
    Lesser known fact about touchstones: The touchpad remembers each touchstone that it gets connected to, and will restore whatever exhibition app you last had running on that touchstone, when you dock it. So having multiples is actually useful for things other than just having multiple places to charge.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    That's actually pretty cool. It wouldn't be useful for me with my Touchpad as I don't really need more Touchstones for it and I don't take it anywhere. That would be useful on my Pre 2, though. Do you know if the phone touchstones have that feature as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    That's actually pretty cool. It wouldn't be useful for me with my Touchpad as I don't really need more Touchstones for it and I don't take it anywhere. That would be useful on my Pre 2, though. Do you know if the phone touchstones have that feature as well?
    No they don't. Among the phones, only the Pre 3 has the hardware to identify the touchstone it's on, but HP never made any touchstones that it works with.
    I have 3 touchstones on back order at my distributor for $33 or so, but a week or two ago the touchstone part number was listed as "unavailable - discontinued product" so I'm guessing my back order won't be filled. I guess it's time to go hunting for one.
  6.    #6  
    Good luck. If you don't have luck in stores, there are some for a pretty reasonable price on eBay as of the writing of this post: HP TouchPad Touchstone Charging Dock, FB339AA, **NEW** | eBay
    I'm hoping when I have some spare monies available, that I will be able to obtain some more touchstones . . . Because really, having one in different places would be quite handy, especially with a Bluetooth keyboard .. I just wish that there would be a promise of more devices avialable that will someday use the technology . . . Lots of potential ideas, very few potential people to ever use them

Think, set it down in your kitchen, up comes a recipe app, set it down in the living room, up comes a remote control, set it down in the bathroom, up comes cnn.. Haha (just kidding about that last one)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  8.    #8  
    I hope someone takes over webOS and makes it successful so I don't feel like I'm using legacy products.
    thanks for the eBay link, that price is pretty reasonable.
  10.    #10  
    No problem
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    HP Touchstone Charging Dock For HP TouchPad by Office Depot

HP Touchstone Charging Dock For HP TouchPad by Office Depot

$39.99
    After Instant Savings
    Prices effective through 12/31/2011.

HP Touchstone Charging Dock For HP TouchPad
    Item#:277989 | Manufacturer#:FB339AA#ABA
  12.    #12  
    hhgregg also has them for $39.99: Item: HP Touchstone Charging Dock
    J&R, thought Amazon, has them for $34.88

Amazon.com: HP Touchstone Charging Dock for TouchPad: Electronics

(Sold out)
    Last edited by pseudoswede; 10/12/2011 at 12:19 AM.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    I just received mine that I ordered on October 6 through buy.com (but it appears it actually came from Adorama). It was $39.99 with shipping it came to a total of $45.

So far so good, glad to get both the TouchStone and bluetooth keyboard in case neither are available new anymore. Now looking for the best Exhibition apps. :-)
    HP Shopping still has them although for more than the other places.
    I'm still hoping for a deal to get it for around $30 since it seems like there is a lot floating around now.
    $34 at Wal-Mart with free ship-to-store

Walmart.com: HP TouchPad - Touchstone Charging Dock/Stand: Computers

Maybe we'll see $20 by Black Friday...
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    It appears that some of the links that quoted a lower price, have risen a few bucks. Possibly due to the second round of Touchpads hitting the market?