Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I really like the one HP is selling for $20, but hate the fact that it doesn't have a magnetic type latch or any type of closing device.

The all leather case HP has for $30 is nice and has a magnetic closure. However, I can't tell from the pic if its just a case and you have to take the TP out to use it. Or if its a skin like the $20 one.

9.7" HP TouchPad Leather Sleeve, black | HP® Official Store

Or is there a 3rd party solution that is better than what HP has??

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    The ordinary Hp case is excellent. You don't need a magnetic catch.

Alan
    +1000 for the standard HP folio case
    If you have to have a magnetic catch then 3rd party is the way you will have to go. Also you will be able to get cases in diff. colors. I use the HP and it has served me well.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    +1000 for the standard HP folio case
    + 100,000,000,000 for FB343AA#AC3

MacMall | HP Toucad Case - Case for web tablet - Toucad FB343AA#AC3

$17.99
    I don't really recommend the HP case.

The reason is, it doesn't have any solid support over the speaker area--the area you are most likely to develop cracks.

It's a very nice looking case but the sides are a medium firm rubber with nothing on the lower edge where the speakers are = no support.

I recommend looking around at cases for the original iPad and TouchPad and finding one that offers good support for the speaker area and or allows you to hold it in ways that you are not putting pressure on the tablet, especially the speaker side.

The case we got for my mom was a Targus for the original iPad. We had to make a slight adjustment to it but it works well and protects the Touchpad were it is needed. My TP cracked, here's has not. The case made it easy to hold the tablet by the back side thus you never really hold the tablet itself = no pressure on the table to cause cracking.

I think this is the case we got for my mom.

here is is on Amazon.

The problem with the case, if you look closely at the images on Amazon, is the top "clips" that hold the tablet in. They are not hard plastic and really don't hold the tablet in. It will fall out easily--use a peace of thread or fishing ling between the two to pull them tight to secure the tablet and it works well.
    Last edited by Strodtbeck; 10/09/2011 at 11:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Anybody have any experiences with cases with built-in BT keyboards?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the input!! You guys just sold me on the HP. While the Targus looks nice I really don't want to modify anything to make it work right. I want it working right, out of the box.

On a side note....who would have thought I'd be going to the MacMall to purchase an HP case.

Thanks again!!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    The HP TouchPad case provides excellent protection for the TouchPad, including the speakers. It also eliminates the need to clean finger prints off of the black plastic case.

It is precisely because of all the plastic that I got this snug fitting rubbery case.

shanpalm61 likes this.
    I love my Acase!
    Thanks,
    Hookie
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Ohh one more thing....what about a screen protector?? I was looking at either Zagg or ArmorSuit. Anyone have experience with either?? Will they effect the touch sensitivity??

Just want to say thanks again. This is my first WebOS product and I'm so glad I found this site. Truly amazing place. Great people and great information!!
    Last edited by talon4x4; 10/09/2011 at 11:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Acase slim leather case
    Pretty much any iPad1 case should work for the Touchpad. My ZooGue v1 case works perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by talon4x4 View Post
    I really like the one HP is selling for $20, but hate the fact that it doesn't have a magnetic type latch or any type of closing device.

The all leather case HP has for $30 is nice and has a magnetic closure. However, I can't tell from the pic if its just a case and you have to take the TP out to use it. Or if its a skin like the $20 one.

9.7" HP TouchPad Leather Sleeve, black | HP® Official Store

Or is there a 3rd party solution that is better than what HP has??

Thanks!!
    I love my Poetic case. It was just $14.00 when I got it. It has well-earned top reviews - I also have the Targus Truss, which I will sell - It is too bulky. The Poetic - is slim and quite professional looking. Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) Slimbook High Quality PU Leather Case for HP TouchPad Touchscreen Tablet With 3-in-1 Built-in Stand (Black): Electronics
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I originally got an iPad 1 case (a daffodil one). It was a tight fit and in standup mode, the speakers were at the top which meant videos played upside down, plus intended to slide around (even though it was tight).

Go for the proper one. Its a no-brainer.
    + 100,000,000,000,000 for Touchpad Folio Case. It Rocks! My wife didn't want one she wanted to get something colorful... I got mine on sale with some other accessories and a coupon on HPs website. As soon as it came in, she HAD to have one. I ended up paying more than double for hers what I would have if she had let me order it when I got mine. Just goes to show you that it is an awesome case in person and pictures online don't do it justice.
    I have the offical HP folio case and think it is good ... however......
    when my second TP arrives it will be going into the following case which I believe is even better

Acase (TM) HP TouchPad Transformer Leather EZ Carry Case with 3 in 1 built in Stand for HP TouchPad 9/7-Inch WebOS Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB, 32GB (BLACK)
    Amazon.com: Acase (TM) HP TouchPad Transformer Leather EZ Carry Case with 3 in 1 built in Stand for HP TouchPad 9/7-Inch WebOS Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB, 32GB (BLACK): Electronics

the only small negative with this case, if you view it as one, is that the light sensor is covered but this is a non issue for me and I like the greater protection, magnetic closure, and sturdier material/stand this one provides
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    The problem with those cases is that they cover up the swipe areas.

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    The problem with those cases is that they cover up the swipe areas.

Alan
    if you are refering to my post you are 100% incorrect

the window on the case I recommended is cut so as to have no cover up of the swipe area whatsoever

there certainly are those that do cover up the swipe areas (and I would not recommend them for that reason)... this is not one of them

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    I love my Poetic case. It was just $14.00 when I got it. It has well-earned top reviews - I also have the Targus Truss, which I will sell - It is too bulky. The Poetic - is slim and quite professional looking. Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) Slimbook High Quality PU Leather Case for HP TouchPad Touchscreen Tablet With 3-in-1 Built-in Stand (Black): Electronics
    +1 for the poetic case!

I love mine, It’s brilliantly designed, protects the touchpad very well, doesn’t affect screen swiping, and has a very profession look to it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast