Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I prefer the HP folio, provides nice rubber grip, negates stupid remark "fingerprint magnet" which was used so many times in negative reviews , l began to think the reviewers of the Touchpad were plagiarizing each other with out even looking at let alone handling touchpad. Turn off rotation lock in dropdown menu indicated by inverted triangle next to the time and you can use Touchpad in any direction you want. I originally had an iPad case but sort of did/didn't work. I prefer HP folio ,thought flopping would be a issue but it's not, you can always use large rubber band or hair band if it bugs you .One tip as with all cases and tablets ,remove Touchpad when charging , it can get hot and needs to "breath"
    I use the Targus truss case. It is on several sites, but I got mine from Barnes and Noble because I had a 20 dollar gift card from them that they gave me for cancelling my TP order, so it cost me 3 dollars LOL. I have seen it localy at BM stores like Office Depot, but why pay 25 dollars locally when I can pay 3 online lol.

Also I have never had any issues using screen swiping.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I just bought a breed case with a built in keyboard, it's meant for the iPad. The case is pleather, and not the tightest fit on the touchpad, but built in keyboard with a not that bulky profile make up for it. I'll post pictures tomorrow since I'm at work now. The case cost me $29.99. I also have a acase leather case and that one I like alot. The case holds the touchpad great and it has a good look to it. The case cost me $20 on amazon. Hope this helps, sorry for the bad grammar typing on the iPhone sucks.
    Last edited by ZOliva0664; 10/09/2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Because my iPhone sucks
    Well i don't know about the rest of you but the flap on the HP Folio gets really annoying after a while when holding the touchpad, especially when watching a video. It also doesnt offer protection on the left speaker side when you have it open and thats the place most likely to crack.

My suggestion would be one of the new TPU skins at Amazon which come in clear or black to protect the sides and back of the Touchpad when holding it and then you can get yourself a nice sleeve for travel since anything thats designed for the ipad will work.

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Protect...bosnation0e-20

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I want to chime in as a fan of the OEM case. It's not 100% perfect but it has it's charms.

Cons: flap tends to be a little floppy. It doesn't stay tight to the face. The piece over the charging port tends to bubble up. The velcro patch is too small so the flap doesn't stay on well all of the time.

Pros: The case goes on and stays on. The buttons all have corresponding lifted areas. The holes are all in the right place. The case protects the TouchPad very well. When closed, it provides 99% coverage. When open, it only doesn't cover the speaker area, but the sides of that area are raised enough to protect against most impacts. Only a sharp corner would be able to get to that area. It has a good gripping action making it easy to carry. All of the stand features make it easier to set up. I like it better than the ipad case when standing at the high setting, which tends to be too high.

Other cases may be better for some instances, but the OEM case is my choice...

Thanks
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Try this. I have it and love it. Don't get all caught up in people talking about the sides affecting the swipe area. Its not true. And its only 11bucks. Have mine for 2 months now.

360 degree Rotary Leather Case For HP Touchpad Tablet | eBay
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    Try this. I have it and love it. Don't get all caught up in people talking about the sides affecting the swipe area. Its not true. And its only 11bucks. Have mine for 2 months now.

360 degree Rotary Leather Case For HP Touchpad Tablet | eBay
    This is the case I purchased (currently $15.49):

Amazon.com: Mivizu HP TouchPad Case, Composite Stand Case Leather Folio Cover for HP TouchPad Wifi 16GB / 32GB Tablet Computer (Black): Electronics

I like it a lot, although the lining on the inside could be more snug. It's not enough for me to hate it.

There is also a similar case for the original iPad (it will fit the TP) for $6.80:

Amazon.com: Leather Carrying Case Cover/Folio With Built-in Stand for Apple iPad 3G tablet / Wifi model 16GB, 32GB, 64GB (BLACK): Computers & Accessories
    Leather/Nylon Folio Case (sleeve) with flap & magnetic closure from Verizon Wireless. $4.97 & free shipping. My TP fits nice. I put the cleaning cloth & lens cleaning wipes in the pouch.

www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12331&accessoryId=46404

Device compatibility page - select "See more Devices" near the top & then select "AppleŽ iPad™ with Wi–Fi and MiFi™2200 Hotspot"
    <<thread moved>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    I love my Poetic case. It was just $14.00 when I got it. It has well-earned top reviews - I also have the Targus Truss, which I will sell - It is too bulky. The Poetic - is slim and quite professional looking. Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) Slimbook High Quality PU Leather Case for HP TouchPad Touchscreen Tablet With 3-in-1 Built-in Stand (Black): Electronics
    I got mine the night the firesale started for $7 on Amazon.

Fantastic case, although I'm still looking for a clip-style case--especially one that would also accommodate a TouchPad inside a TPU case.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    I'm using the HP Folio case as my main case as it's light but find the flap a little flimsy. I also have a Zagg full body screen protector but still worry sometimes. I also have the Targus Truss. I use the Folio for home but use the Truss for traveling as it's sturdier and can take some abuse if I dropped it.
    I will alway miss my Palm Zire 72. Retired, but not forgotten.
    I bought a simple black sleeve on eBay a while back and it works well. I'm not sure which one it was, but it might have been this one: Black Pocket Sleeve Carry Case Cover bag for HP Touchpad | eBay
    Ordered a Targus Truss from the same folks that cancelled my first TouchPad yet offered it again the second time - onSale. However I had ordered in on Friday and the order hasn't been confirmed... we going down that road again?!?
    I got this case from Amazon:

Amazon.com: CaseCrown Horizontal Flip Carbon Weave Stand Case (Black) for the Apple iPad Wifi / 3G Model 16GB, 32GB, 64GB: Electronics

I love it and it was only .99 (shipping was 5 bucks) so 6 dollars in total. My Mom loved it so I had to buy another for her and my co-worker. I love that it isn't a complete "frame" around the TP. The volume rocker and power buttons are all totally accessable and the speakers are only slightly blocked by the elastic at the bottom (hasn't affected the volume at all.) It has a nice magnetic catch that keeps the case closed. The multiple viewing angles are great and I can fold the case back flat if I want to hold it. I can't beat it for 6 bucks delivered!
    Ordered 8/21 835am SMB #44229XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Ordered 8/21 130am SMB #44029XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Only took 48 Days, 8 Hours, 3 Minutes, 0 Seconds to ship... but whose counting?
    Quote Originally Posted by burningrave101 View Post
    Well i don't know about the rest of you but the flap on the HP Folio gets really annoying after a while when holding the touchpad, especially when watching a video. It also doesnt offer protection on the left speaker side when you have it open and thats the place most likely to crack.

My suggestion would be one of the new TPU skins at Amazon which come in clear or black to protect the sides and back of the Touchpad when holding it and then you can get yourself a nice sleeve for travel since anything thats designed for the ipad will work.

Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) Protective TPU Skin Case Crystal Clear for HP Touchpad Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB, 32GB: Electronics

I purchased one of these skins last week (per a recommendation in a different thread on this forum) and I received it today. I put it on my TP and it fits very snugly...TOO snugly at first, because somehow the pressure it put on one of the buttons (I'm thinking the power button) made it flash up a screen a few seconds after I put it on, saying something like "Continue holding for 5 secs. All apps will be wiped" or something along those lines. Before I could take the skin off, it shut my machine down! When it rebooted, it was back in Setup Mode with all the apps and patches gone. I've only had my TP for about a week so there wasn't that much to wipe, but it was still effort down the toilet.

The apps from the catalog reinstalled themselves but I had to reinstall Preware. When I checked the Installed Apps on there, it didn't have any of the patches listed but they still seemed to be "on" the TP. Luckily I remembered how users of the Pre had run into this issue before, so I knew to run WebOS Doctor to get them completely wiped so I could reinstall them.

This was a HUGE PITA for a $9 skin...but I'm going to deal with it until I can find a case & screen protector that I like. Note to others...stretch the skin out a little before first you put it on your TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymad View Post

I like this case. My Acase is made the the same way.

I have a OEM case but I think it stands up too straight. The other position is too low I think the Acase's third position is perfect.
    Last edited by Hookie; 10/12/2011 at 06:53 AM.
    Thanks,
    Hookie
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Does anyone have suggestions for a case that doesn't hide the bezel? I love the HP Folio case, but I would much rather a case the closes securely.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SD-TabletWea...sr=1-1-catcorr

Try this, I got it for myself and it's great
    B

Quote Originally Posted by atomics View Post
    +1 for the poetic case!

I love mine, It’s brilliantly designed, protects the touchpad very well, doesn’t affect screen swiping, and has a very profession look to it.
    Does it work for you with the touchstone charger?

What cases work well with it? Thanks.
    Last edited by rrgg; 10/18/2011 at 08:25 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast