Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    I agree the cases with integrated keyboards look interesting but at least the ones I read about had some indication in the reviews that they aren't built to last. At least the HP one seems well built. Obviously it's not perfect but pretty darn good esp for the price folks have been getting it for.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    So basically, your complaint is that you don't use it. Isn't that... your fault? For the record, I'm bashing the TP for several issues in my own thread here, but the keyboard is not one of its flaws. It's extremely portable, quick to pair, and I have found it to be absolutely incredible in regular usage. I lug a laptop around with me for work at all times, but I use the keyboard for notes, and it's great.

I have thought about a case with a keyboard in it, but the problem is that your "stand" options are seriously limited with that setup. It's pretty much one way, and that's it. Plus, even if you're just holding it with the keyboard folded back, I can see it being annoying. I do see a value in having them attached, but I don't personally want that.

Regardless, it's the best bluetooth keyboard out there (just check Joshua Topolsky's review of the TP... he says it's one of the only accessories for any product he has EVER reviewed that he actually might buy).
    The keyboard isn't one of the TPs flaws, but only because it's not technically part of the TP. It's almost as far from perfect as it could be in everything but form(great form, reminds me of really old school imac keyboards only well built and tough), calling it the best is setting the bar so low that someone's going to trip over it(safety first!). The specialized webos cardview button doesn't work in that you can't select cards but they still specialized the drivers so media keys from other keyboards won't work. The sticky key setup(holding shift, etc.) is the least intuitive part of web os adding a learning curve to a peripheral device that was already perfect. It is well built and durable but so are most bluetooth keyboards out there that would be better, except HP had to add that broken card button requiring specialized drivers so other keyboards media/messaging keys are bunk. When you hold this keyboard it seems awesome, in use it seems slightly better than a sharp stick in the eye, and when you pair it with your PC it's an insult to the idea of bluetooth universality. Just my two cents though
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    As has been said many times before, those are flaws with webOS, not the keyboard. If we are to judge a keyboard on the criteria of how well it works with the Touchpad, then ALL keyboards as just as crappy if not crappier than the HP keyboard, because none work as well with the TP as the HP one.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Yea, I remembered/realized that as I typed that out but I was already pretty far and it seems easier to blame the keyboard I do love the form of the keyboard except that it's lacking function keys and alt.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepiiee View Post
    I had the keyboard for 2 weeks and the only thing it has been doing is sitting on my desk =/. I can't seem to find a use for the keyboard. The main reason I bought it was because it was cheap (17.50) and that it could be used for other things than the touchpad.

However, I still yet to use even once. It is still in its plastic wrapping just sitting there..

I honestly do not get why HP or any other companies just make a case that has a keyboard in it. Tablets are meant to be portable. They are meant to be used when you are on the go. A keyboard integrated in a case would be useful to me. A separate keyboard is not so useful. I don't plan to be holding my keyboard and tablet everywhere. I would rather be holding a netbook than be holding the keyboard + tablet.

What exactly do people use their keyboard for? Do people actually use their touchpad to do heavy note taking and writing?
    if you have no use for it, I'd be glad to take it off you hands for $25 plus Usps priority variable rate shipping :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepiiee View Post
    I had the keyboard for 2 weeks and the only thing it has been doing is sitting on my desk =/. I can't seem to find a use for the keyboard. The main reason I bought it was because it was cheap (17.50) and that it could be used for other things than the touchpad.

However, I still yet to use even once. It is still in its plastic wrapping just sitting there..

I honestly do not get why HP or any other companies just make a case that has a keyboard in it. Tablets are meant to be portable. They are meant to be used when you are on the go. A keyboard integrated in a case would be useful to me. A separate keyboard is not so useful. I don't plan to be holding my keyboard and tablet everywhere. I would rather be holding a netbook than be holding the keyboard + tablet.

What exactly do people use their keyboard for? Do people actually use their touchpad to do heavy note taking and writing?
    I'm with you. I've had my keyboard for like a month, and also got it for cheap. I've used It only a handful of times. I've used it to edit a couple documents in quick office, and used it to write a few emails.

Most of the time I don't use it. Like now, I'm typing this on the TP using the virtual keyboard. It has come in handy for the few times that I've needed it, but for the most part I just use the virtual keyboard.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I don't use the KB much around home, but I take it traveling and use it much more there because my laptop isn't with me. I can do most of what I need with the TP and its keyboard when on the road.

What I love is the reduced weight for traveling - 4.5lb laptop and 1+ lb power supply gone, and the TP + charger + KB is maybe 2 lb (haven't weighed it). Significant savings, and I don't have to pull out the laptop at airport security.
    maybe someone can patch the v-keyboard so that it won't be so slow...
    Quote Originally Posted by cursedsoul View Post
    maybe someone can patch the v-keyboard so that it won't be so slow...
    I would personally LOVE to see Swype ported over to webOS, I have gotten really good and fast with it on my Android devices. Really though I'd almost be happy with the stock VKB if they would just add navigation arrows, Home and End keys to adjust cursor position, my finger just isn't accurate enough most of the time. They should also add the ability to select text with SHIFT + moving the cursor, as well as add KB shortcuts for CUT/COPY/PASTE. A Delete key (instead of just having a Backspace key) might also be nice.
    I use my keyboard to input the class notes every class
    I also like to use mine for fitness tracking notes, but my wife loves it for facebook at the kitchen table.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12