1.    #1  
    Would like a foldable stand which would allow for multiple viewing angles.

Ideally, it would be designed just like the TP touchstone charger without the USB cord (perhaps a bit smaller).

Any recommendations greatly appreciated, especially if eligible for Amazon Prime.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I got a Acase Transformer case which I love compared to anything else I've seen. It works with the touchstone, has fiveish stand options, a magnet clasp, seems durable, and has cutouts to swipe from any edge. It does cover the light sensor but a heated up hole-punch fixes that and lets you play with fire.
    Amazon.com: Acase (TM) HP TouchPad Transformer Leather EZ Carry Case with 3 in 1 built in Stand for HP TouchPad 9/7-Inch WebOS Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB, 32GB (BLACK): Electronics

I also use this for presentations since some people seem to like redundant accessories.

http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-Portable...d_rhf_sc_shvl3
    Last edited by bable; 10/07/2011 at 08:00 PM.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    The HP Folio case works pretty well. My favorite position is having it hang off the edge of a table, sitting at an angle, perfect to type on.
  4.    #4  
    I need to clarify...

This should just be an accessory, not a case or folio. Like I said, something similar to a touchstone, but without the charger.

I have a TPU case, so looking for a stand for it when I don't have it in a case.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Thanks, both of you.

With the Arkon, how does it handle being poked at? I envision having this on Mrs. Swede's desk while she's working. She'll press the home button, unlock, then poke at the Touchpad to navigate e-mail and Facebook. Is there a risk of it tipping over, especially if she pokes towards the edges? Would it help if it's in landscape?

I may buy one of these to share; and cave and buy another touchstone for her desk.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Is she an angry poker? I find it's fine for poking in landscape, portrait can be a little hairy if you're trying to select text right at the top one handed, but, that's about it.

Or if you're a romantic/need points I made this for my lady.
    DIY wooden $5 iPad Dock / Stand

Then I took it to a local high school with a laser engraver and had them engrave her name surrounded by frilly lady things and stain it her favorite color. Looks classy but the whole thing cost maybe 20$. 2$ in parts, 18$ in pizza to not look weird using high school facilities
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Is she an angry poker? I find it's fine for poking in landscape, portrait can be a little hairy if you're trying to select text right at the top one handed, but, that's about it.
    She's a clumsy poker...

Or if you're a romantic/need points I made this for my lady.
    DIY wooden $5 iPad Dock / Stand
    She knows I can't put a nail into the wall without smashing my thumb or getting a tetanus booster.
    I got this one for my desk at work - very classy-looking and sturdy - $10. Yes it is wrought-iron.

Amazon.com: 9" Tall Black Iron Display Stand Holds Cook Books, Plates, Pictures & More!: Home & Garden
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    I got this one for my desk at work - very classy-looking and sturdy - $10. Yes it is wrought-iron.

Amazon.com: 9" Tall Black Iron Display Stand Holds Cook Books, Plates, Pictures & More!: Home & Garden
    Very nice. Does the back leg adjust any to accommodate various angles?
    The belkin flipblade works good. Very sturdy, portable, and the back has rubber so it doesn't scratch the back of your touchpad.

They had it at Target on clearance a week and half ago. It was for 7.44.
    You'll find loads of book stands on Amazon which will work fine for your TP. I've got a wooden one for the desk.
    The arkon (and it looks like the cheaper generic equivalents also) have rubber pads on the three arms which grip the TP. You can lift and move the stand by the back arm and the TP will remain in the stand. I'm not sure I'd want to put my TP on wood or metal without some sort of protection covering. The arkon lower legs are adjustable to widen the angle so you can balance it on your stomach if lying down, to read ebook, watch video, etc. I use the touchstone for charging, but you can use the USB charger on the arkon if in portrait orientation.
    This is what (and where) I bought. Works well.

Portable Folding Desk Stand Holder for Apple iPad/iPad 2/Laptops - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Nine bucks delivered to your door.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    Very nice. Does the back leg adjust any to accommodate various angles?
    Not really, but I have found the angle is just right.

Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    The arkon (and it looks like the cheaper generic equivalents also) have rubber pads on the three arms which grip the TP. You can lift and move the stand by the back arm and the TP will remain in the stand. I'm not sure I'd want to put my TP on wood or metal without some sort of protection covering.
    I took a pair of those little foam sleeves that they make for pens/pencils and slipped them over the arms that support the TP. Nice and cushy. Works perfectly.

BTW, I also have the Arkon and it works a treat, but the rubber pads wear and are coming off.
  15.    #17  
    Thanks for the recommendations.

I thing I also forgot to realize was how it would fit into the front pocket of Mrs. Swede's CaseCrown case (like this one).

I used some of my kids' foam blocks to create a mock model. Even though the model was 1/2" too large (width and height when folded), it fit nicely in the front pocket, with plenty of room left for Mrs. Swede's Crackberry, car keys, and other stuff.

I found a seller selling the Arkon stand for $9.75 on Amazon, and it will be delivered on Tuesday. Amazon Prime ftw!

Although, if I can find a touchstone for under $30, I may buy one for her desk. Call it clumsy poking insurance.
    depending on what scale of geeks you want to impress i'd say = do you still have any Lego? make your castle your way .

plus you could throw it at annoying hecklers and then rebuild it right after.
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".