Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    My TPU cases arrived today (sent on 10/4). Initial impressions are very positive. Even Mrs. Swede thinks it's nice. Here are some pictures (apologies in advance for my epic fail of picture-taking with my phone).

Hi, Elizabeth Costa! You're on a piece of cardboard!

Here is my Touchpad stuffed inside it. As Pack 'n' Track notes, my cases have been delivered! I better run to the mailbox!

Here's the back of it. Maybe a black one would've been nicer. Oh well. I'm not complaining. The areas except the X part have a very slight, pebbly feel to it. When I slide it across the table, there is a little resistance. If I tilted the table, I imagine the angle needed to make the Touchpad to slide wouldn't be very much.

Look! A USB port!

Volume rocker and power button. Some people on SlickDeals have complained that the case fits so tightly, the power button and/or volume rockers are depressed the whole time. This has not been the case for me. Although, with Mrs. Swede's case, I had to press the buttons for a few minutes before it loosened up a bit; since then, it has been working fine.

Here is the microphone (?) and headphone port.

I didn't want to bore you with two speaker pictures, and if I took a picture of both at the same time, you'd see just how messy my basement office is.

I think it's a no-brainer that it would fit on the touchstone. But here's one picture of it.

And a close-up.

Again, some people on SlickDeals have been complaining that it doesn't fit tight. Sure. There is a little play around to the lip of the case, but my TPU phone case is like that, too.

This is an excellent product and well worth the $9, in my opinion. I'd give it 4.5 out of 5 stars--taking a half-star away for the lack of a variety of case colors.

My quest continues to find a folio case/stand that can fit the Touchpad with a TPU case.
    Last edited by pseudoswede; 10/10/2011 at 10:25 AM.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
  2.    #2  
    Okay, on a whim, I decided to see if it would fit in my Poetic folio case. It worked, but imagine a large person wearing tight jeans two sizes too small. Yeah, that kind of awkward.

Trying to get it back out? Remember that "Friends" episode where Ross is wearing those leather pants? I'll leave it at that.

The quest marches on...
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    Okay, on a whim, I decided to see if it would fit in my Poetic folio case. It worked, but imagine a large person wearing tight jeans two sizes too small. Yeah, that kind of awkward.

Trying to get it back out? Remember that "Friends" episode where Ross is wearing those leather pants? I'll leave it at that.

The quest marches on...
    The TPU case looks great!

Unfortunately....

My post office said it was delivered at noon today, but I haven't seen it anywhere.
    I asked all of my neighbors and nobody has seen it. The postmaster told me that he
    will speak with the mailman who delivers to my street tomorrow. It'll be a big help if
    I can desribe the packaging to them. Was it shipped in a small cardboard box or an
    envelope?

Thanks in advance!
  4.    #4  
    A white, padded envelope.
    do you think it would fit over a skinomi skin? how tight is the fit?
    A white, padded envelope.
    Thanks!

I hope the local post office will somehow manage to find it tomorrow.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dopechess View Post
    I don't think it would be an issue. However, the caveat is that it does take some effort to get it into the corners (recommendation: fit it into the case bottom-edge first). My concern would be trying to get the TPU case off--it could potentially lift off (quasi-scrape) the Skinomi skin on the corners, but that's just wild speculation on my part.
    I don't think it would be an issue. However, the caveat is that it does take some effort to get it into the corners (recommendation: fit it into the case bottom-edge first). My concern would be trying to get the TPU case off--it could potentially lift off (quasi-scrape) the Skinomi skin on the corners, but that's just wild speculation on my part.
    I use a Griffin folio case for iPad(original). The Touchpad is somewhat loose inside
    and I've been using thin foam pads around the Touchpad's edges to stop it from shifting
    all the time.

WIth the Poetic TPU, I hope it will now fit nicely inside the iPad case.

Now I just have to wait for the post office to find the package.
    Here's mine (trying to be artistic )

10.    #10  
    The clear works very well with the Unicorn. Nice!
    Got mine today. The lip edge comes up tad short on the top and bottom (short sides), as in they are flush with instead of gripping over the glass screen. The sides (long sides) rise over the screen edge and would keep the screen from contacting a flat surface if the touchpad is placed facedown.

Initially the buttons were stuck depressed but once the case stretch settled in the buttons are just barely depressible. If exerting pressure on the lip just below the power button it sometimes will trigger it. I hope this will improve in time, or I may need to get out the motor tool and heat gun to do some modding.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    The case is not without defects for sure, but for the 9$ I feel it's not worth complaining about.. I'm jealous of the way the white TP looks in the case..
    Great review, pretty much how I feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dopechess View Post
    Yes it does, I have the white carbon fiber and I think it looks nice. The volume rocker is a little off but it is usable.

tweak42 likes this.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I assume from one of the initial photos that show it on the touchstone that it does, indeed, charge with the cover on and on the touchstone charger? Just want to make sure as I am considering this type of back cover and I do like to use my touchstone! Good thread, BTW!
    pochaco likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by horaceunit View Post
    I assume from one of the initial photos that show it on the touchstone that it does, indeed, charge with the cover on and on the touchstone charger? Just want to make sure as I am considering this type of back cover and I do like to use my touchstone! Good thread, BTW!
    Yes I can also confirm that the cover works with the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002whitegt View Post
    Great review, pretty much how I feel about it.

Yes it does, I have the white carbon fiber and I think it looks nice. The volume rocker is a little off but it is usable.

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image
    That looks great! I have the poetic case but is that the skinomi skin?
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin View Post
    That looks great! I have the poetic case but is that the skinomi skin?
    No, I just realized they were asking about the skinomi, I have the stealtharmor.

I would still go out and venture to think that the case would fit over the skinomi skin.
    This is an excellent product and well worth the $9, in my opinion. I'd give it 4.5 out of 5 stars--taking a half-star away for the lack of a variety of case colors.

My quest continues to find a folio case/stand that can fit the Touchpad with a TPU case.
    I use a $1.09 plastic book stand that I bought at Walmart... works great and at $1.09,
    it's almost disposable if I use it on planes/trains. No need to buy those fancy iPad/Touchpad
    stands for $20.

The case works fine... but the power and volume buttons sometimes dont' respond to
    my presses because the case has shifted after a day or two. (or the case pushes down
    on those buttons continuously)

If I move the case around a bit, everything works again. I may end up just cutting
    around the buttons of the case. It may be a little harder to press the power and
    volume buttons, but I rarely press them anyway...
    Last edited by Touchpaddle; 10/14/2011 at 01:25 PM.
    I might grab the black version when it comes out. Looks pretty smexy.
    http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Protect...bosnation0e-20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast