1.    #1  
    Hello, so I asked this question on XDA, and received little response. I have modded the phone touchstone to work with my htc incredible. I would like to do something similar with the touchpad touchstone to work with my kindle. Does anyone know (or know where I can find out) if the internals of the TP touchstone are the same as the Pre touchstone? I would like to limit opening the TP touchstone if I do not need too. Thank you.

P.S. - It really is a shame that other products do not have these induction features, such a simplicity and elegance about them to boot without these extra cases/ charging pads.
    i don't think anyone has taken one apart to publish pictures of the innards.
  3.    #3  
    Hm... because I'm curious if the receiving end from a pre or pixi will work with the larger touchstone. obviously the magnetic pieces are a non issue as the kindle would rest on the charger as would the touchpad. I'm worried that only putting a 1.0 amp usb charger won't throw enough juice, just as 0.5amp or .85amp usb won't work with the phone ts.
    I have tried to charge a TS ready phone on the TP TS. Hasn't worked.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Here's ifixit teardown pages for the touchpad. Hope they might help!

HP TouchPad Repair Manual - iFixit
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I have tried to charge a TS ready phone on the TP TS. Hasn't worked.
    since my phone is modded, which adapter did you test with?

Yeah, so I just actually was able to test this, and i have found this info from the FCC's site.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApp...tml?id=1503019

Testing with a multimeter for the 2.0, 1.0 and .85 amp adapters, the ts ready phones throw amperages that just jump around. Judging by that picture posted above, I think the receivers are different sizes. I guess now I either have to try it with a phone ts or find a touchpad receiver (unlikely I would think).
    I've tried pre-,pre2 and veer with no success.
    Pre3 actually get it on one very small spot but is constantly switching from charging to not.

Try to open your link results in:
    You are not authorized to access this page.
  8.    #8  
    I've tried pre-,pre2 and veer with no success.
    Pre3 actually get it on one very small spot but is constantly switching from charging to not.

Try to open your link results in:
    You are not authorized to access this page.
    Sorry, try this

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...'PTITSPH01'

This is interesting, I think that it goes charging/off and alternates because of the fluctuating voltages. I would think it's either do to the size of the coil, or the amperage load. So the usb adapters have all been 1.0a?
    The TP adapter has 2A.
    Regarding your link I get a list of documents. Which doc do you reference to?
    Code:
    View Attachment	Exhibit Type
    	Confidentiality Request 	Cover Letter(s)	
    	Cover Letter - Agent Authorization 	
    	Cover Letter - DoC 	Cover Letter(s)	
    	External Photos 	External Photos	
    	Label 	ID Label/Location Info	
    	Internal Photos 	Internal Photos	
    	Test Report 	Test Report
    	Test Setup Photos 	Test Setup Photos
    	Manual 	Users Manual
    	Manual Statements 	Users Manual
  10.    #10  
    The TP adapter has 2A.
    Regarding your link I get a list of documents. Which doc do you reference to?
    Code:
    View Attachment	Exhibit Type
    	Confidentiality Request 	Cover Letter(s)	
    	Cover Letter - Agent Authorization 	
    	Cover Letter - DoC 	Cover Letter(s)	
    	External Photos 	External Photos	
    	Label 	ID Label/Location Info	
    	Internal Photos 	Internal Photos	
    	Test Report 	Test Report
    	Test Setup Photos 	Test Setup Photos
    	Manual 	Users Manual
    	Manual Statements 	Users Manual
    I was browsing through the Internal photos, to get a couple pictures of the inside. It appears the coil inside is larger, I will size it up using the tape when I get a chance.
    Interesting pictures, thanks.
    Here is a short vid of the behavior of a pre3 sitting on a TouchPad TouchStone connected to TouchPad adaptor. This was the only one small spot I got any reaction.
    Rename the .pdf to .mp4

EDIT: You may never had an webOS phone: The blinking text on the top (which is actual the bottom of the phone) is the charging notification, which should stay for some seconds but isn't.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by somline; 10/07/2011 at 03:29 PM.
  12.    #12  
    thanks for the video, judging by the posted online picture and my own testing, the coil is in the upper right corner. Mind giving it a whirl with a 1.0A or .85A charger if you have one? It will probably only verify what we've already both found out.
    Tried it with the Pre Charger (1A). The spot seems to be larger. But same behavior.
    Interesting: It only works in landscape.