Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gergev
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    anyone know of any good stylus pens for the touchpad and whether there will ever be any good apps to annotate pdfs? i have a lenovo x201t and am waiting for a webos app that can allow me to annotate and use a stylus...
    I built one from an old resistive stylus using the foil bag trick, works pretty good.. Have a new stylus on order from another site right now.
    I just received an assortment of pens I ordered from dealextreme in the mail today.
    One of them works pretty good, another ok and the 3rd not well at all.

This one for $2.35 shipped works best
    Aluminum Alloy Touchpad Stylus Pen for Apple iPad/iPad 2 - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

This one for $1.40 shipped works just ok
    Fashion Touchpad Stylus Pen for Apple iPad/iPad 2/iPhone - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Don't order this one for $2.30
    Touchpad Stylus Pen for Apple iPad - Red - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

If you order from DX, be sure to include miss piggy
    Mini Pig 2 LEDs Flashlight White (3*AG3 Included) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
    MINKIN2 and r_wright1 like this.
    The one I use on the iPad and the Touchpad is from adonit its called the jot small tip fine lines couldn't be happier

Adonit
    USR Pilot 1000>Palm III>Sony Clie PEG-NZ90>Palm Centro>Palm Pre- >HP Touchpad
    Keep in mind though that no capacitive stylus is as advanced as the Wacom pen on your x201t.
    The $2.35 pen above comes in handy adjusting settings on The KMPlayer on my PC through Splashtop. Much easier than my fat fingers to fine tune, move sliders, etc.
    Last edited by gergev; 10/07/2011 at 02:28 AM.
    brought the stylus pen from Dealextreme and works pretty well

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimT View Post
    The one I use on the iPad and the Touchpad is from adonit its called the jot small tip fine lines couldn't be happier

Adonit
    Thanks TimT. I am looking for something that is precise so that looks like the best option. Unfortunately, with the limited capabilities of webOS I may wait for a more stable Android port so that I can do more with my Touchpad. Right now the Touchpad is basically a web browser and nothing more...Hope that changes in the coming months.
    <thread moved>
    I bought the higher quality Griffin stylus and I must say its fantastic.

Amazon.com: Griffin Technology Stylus for iPad, iPod touch, iPhone and other touchscreens: Electronics

It's only $10, but it makes a big difference.

A thing to note however is that the nib is very thick, not quite as much as a fingertip but not far off. So if you are looking for a very small, precise stylus this isn't the one for you. But holding the griffin one feels very very natural, its weighted slightly more than an average pen, which is great. I use it to supplement my finger, its just handy to have in my pocket or I find it easier to sit with the touchpad on my lap and use it whilst watching tv for example.

Worth it for $10 IMO.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daonei View Post
    Thanks TimT. I am looking for something that is precise so that looks like the best option. Unfortunately, with the limited capabilities of webOS I may wait for a more stable Android port so that I can do more with my Touchpad. Right now the Touchpad is basically a web browser and nothing more...Hope that changes in the coming months.
    Is this for note-taking? I've been practising this morning using skitch and evernote and it works pretty well (this is in CM7 rather than webOS), so you might want to want for CM7 to hit beta and give it a try.